Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Titainium welding wire/rods
Little_Ghost_again
National Hazard

Mood: Baffled

[*] posted on 1-11-2014 at 07:15
Titainium welding wire/rods

Hi
Can I use the titanium welding wire for chlorate cells and such like? If so what is the best wire to ask for? I know there are different ones but not sure what one to use, I want it for connect MMO to the PSU
blogfast25
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-11-2014 at 07:22

Quote: Originally posted by Little_Ghost_again  
Hi
Can I use the titanium welding wire for chlorate cells and such like? If so what is the best wire to ask for? I know there are different ones but not sure what one to use, I want it for connect MMO to the PSU

There's a ton of threads on chlorate cells. I'd look them up, if I were you. Ti has certainly been mentioned several times in that context.

Note that Ti is perhaps not as 'invincible' as some appear to believe. For instance it dissolves quite easily in hot 37 % HCl. Nitric acid and aqua regia badly corrode it to TiO2.

[Edited on 1-11-2014 by blogfast25]

Little_Ghost_again
National Hazard

[*] posted on 1-11-2014 at 08:07

I have looked them up, I noted the numbers for TI, but it didnt match any of the wire or rods I have seen, so I wondered if there was any particular welding rod to use. I might just stick with the fused glass and copper I am using at the moment, the main problem is I have melted soda glass and when the cell gets hot the glass cracks, maybe I need to find out how to heat the glass so it dosnt crack once its been melted
Little_Ghost_again
National Hazard

[*] posted on 1-11-2014 at 08:26

I have looked them up, I noted the numbers for TI, but it didnt match any of the wire or rods I have seen, so I wondered if there was any particular welding rod to use. I might just stick with the fused glass and copper I am using at the moment, the main problem is I have melted soda glass and when the cell gets hot the glass cracks, maybe I need to find out how to heat the glass so it dosnt crack once its been melted
hyfalcon
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 1-11-2014 at 09:20

You want grade 1 or grade 2 or CP which means chemically pure.
Little_Ghost_again
National Hazard

[*] posted on 1-11-2014 at 09:42

Quote: Originally posted by hyfalcon  
You want grade 1 or grade 2 or CP which means chemically pure.

Thanks, I have seen cp on the ones for tig welders, so I will get a couple of them

Go To Top