Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  15    17
Author: Subject: Det Cap Strategies
ManyInterests
National Hazard

[*] posted on 13-8-2024 at 15:44

I HAD one of those... and I accidentally broke it today! I will be buying another one to replace it.

And yes, I'll be working towards finding the minimal foil. This is for the steel caps (and later the aluminum tube when it arrives). For now I will focus on processing my shell casings. Punching out the primer is harder than I thought, since I don't have reloading tools (yet). So I drilled through the back. I noticed that the 7.62x39mm is MUCH thicker than the 5.56x45mm! I broke a drill bit in the process! Another tool to replace! :D

Quote:
Well done on the tests so far, what was the mass of EM in each of your test caps?

I'm actually quite proud of my latest test overall. If the new mostly bottomless steel caps can exceed that, then I think I would have achieved my goal of making a blasting cap that is on par with the commercial or military caps. When I read the Improvised Munitions Handbook section on detonators (and I should have memorized it better, since it had some information that could have made my life much easier) the warning at the end really captivated me 'Detonator has considerably more power than a military blasting cap and should be handled carefully'. I don't know why, but just that made me really, really want it! :D
 Pages:  1  ..  15    17

Go To Top