Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Hydrolysis of 6-MAC
institution
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-10-2016 at 18:11
Hydrolysis of 6-MAC

Does anybody have an idea how one would go about this? 6-Monoacetylcodeine is an acetate ester of codeine, and it seems like it would be facile to deacetylate it into codeine freebase through hydrolysis. Any ideas?

[Edited on 17-10-2016 by institution]
Metacelsus
International Hazard

Mood: Double, double, toil and trouble

[*] posted on 16-10-2016 at 19:53

Why do you want to do this? (I don't want to give advice to criminals.)

Anyway, the conditions for acetate ester hydrolysis are common knowledge. Look them up yourself.

As below, so above.

My blog: https://denovo.substack.com
Texium
Administrator
Thread Moved
16-10-2016 at 20:00
Fidelmios
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-10-2016 at 21:45

Quote: Originally posted by Metacelsus  
Why do you want to do this? (I don't want to give advice to criminals.)

Anyway, the conditions for acetate ester hydrolysis are common knowledge. Look them up yourself.

Seems sketchy. first post, and asking about precursor syntheses to Oxycodone..
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 2-12-2016 at 12:31

Just a thrifty chemist, trying to make some profitable use of the acetyl codeine he very public spiritedly separated out of quickly labbed, dirty, semi processed batches of heroin before selling it on. Injecting codeine is bad, m'kay? Tends to erode your customer base even quicker than usual to pass that stuff along in the goods.

Quote:
While the acute toxicity of 6-monoacetylcodeine have not been studied in man, animal studies have shown that in animal models it's convulsant effects have been proved and when mixed with mono- or di- acetyl morphine, lowers the convulsant threshold of the mixture still further.[

Yep. Public spirited, thrifty, and trying to get educated. Benjamin Franklin would be proud.

;)

[Edited on 3-12-2016 by Bert]

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Go To Top