Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Glassware for Buchi Rotary Evaporator RE 111
rgonzale72
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-10-2016 at 09:30
Glassware for Buchi Rotary Evaporator RE 111

Dear colleagues,

This is my first post on this forum and I'd appreciate your help in regards to the following issue.

I am trying to resurrect an old Buchi RE 111 rotary evaporator but we do not have any glassware. The only glass piece we have is a "stem" that connects the evaporation flask to the rotary motor - but nothing else - see attached pictures.

Do you have or do you know where I could get the condenser, attachment of condenser to motor housing, evaporation/condensation beakers and clips?

I contacted Buchi but they say they do not have parts for the RE 111 anymore (old model) and they want me to purchase a new one (talk about high pressure sales...) - but I can't believe there is no glassware available for this equipment. Please advise. Thanks.

Ramon

IMG_0923.JPG - 429kBIMG_0924.JPG - 434kBIMG_0925.JPG - 341kBIMG_0926.JPG - 452kB
Chemetix
Hazard to Others

Mood: Wavering between lucidity and madness

[*] posted on 24-10-2016 at 15:53

I have a 2nd hand condenser which I think fits the 111. I also have some blanks to make a new one as well. Let me know if this helps.

BuchiPost1.JPG - 273kBBuchiEndPost2.JPG - 159kB
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 24-10-2016 at 17:53

I have lots of both water and dry ice condensers and other glass parts for Buchis, receivers, evaporating flasks, and even the metal clips and hardware. Send me a PM, and we can email offline. There are some photos of condenser examples posted here:

http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=15667&...

Most of the condensers start at $100 plus postage, the other parts of all much less. If you are in the US, I can help you easily. If in Australia, see chemetix bove.

Go To Top