Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: quick question
SM2
Hazard to Others

Mood: Affect

[*] posted on 17-1-2013 at 12:57
quick question

I know that nitroglycol is roughly similar to nitroglycerine, but even less shock sensitive. Also, I may be assuming here wrongly, but that nitroglycol is a reducing agent. With that in mind, what sort of quality of a plastique could be made mixing the proper proportions of KCLO3 or KCLO4 (perchlorate possible safer, yet more powerful end result. I am truly new to this. Thank you.
hissingnoise
International Hazard

Mood: Pulverulescent!

[*] posted on 17-1-2013 at 13:41

Nitroglycol is known to be ~14% more powerful than NGl and it has ~200% the power of TNT!
Its perfect OB and its low sensitiveness makes it most attractive for the home experimenter.
Oh, and it gelatinises NC quicker that NGl and does so at room temp..
Adding oxidisers would be daft . . .

Motherload
Hazard to Others

Mood: Shitty

[*] posted on 17-1-2013 at 20:53

I am uncertain which glycol is being referred to here ...
Ethylene or propylene ?
Does it still cause headaches ??
Nitroglycerin puts me down for a few hours with throbbing headaches.. Very effective vasodilator on me.
One of the other main reasons I don't like nitroglycerin..

"Chance favours the prepared mind"
"Fuck It !! We'll do it live !!"
Bert
Super Administrator

Mood: " I think we are all going to die. I think that love is an illusion. We are flawed, my darling".

[*] posted on 18-1-2013 at 18:41

Ethylene glycol dinitrate.

Headaches are quicker to come on than NG, very unpleasant to work with. It's more volatile than NG. Volatility prevents use in double base powders even though it gelatinized nitrocellulose more efficiently than NG , it wouldn't store as well as NG/NC double base propellants.

Was used by nitrating a percentage of ethylene glycol mixed with glycerin to produce mixtures for use in low temperature dynamites in the past. Anyone who handled such material will remember the headaches...

Slam a couple of shots of espresso, caffeine is a vasoconstrictor.

[Edited on 19-1-2013 by Bert]

Rapopart’s Rules for critical commentary:

1. Attempt to re-express your target’s position so clearly, vividly and fairly that your target says: “Thanks, I wish I’d thought of putting it that way.”
2. List any points of agreement (especially if they are not matters of general or widespread agreement).
3. Mention anything you have learned from your target.
4. Only then are you permitted to say so much as a word of rebuttal or criticism.

Anatol Rapoport was a Russian-born American mathematical psychologist (1911-2007).

Go To Top