Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: I don't get it :?
Manifest
Script Kiddie Asshole

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-1-2013 at 14:20
I don't get it :?

Okay, so inorganic chemistry is relatively simple.

But we introduce the carbon bond and suddenly it comes to all this complicated stuff.

I can't make sense of it.
So if any of you have any ideas on how I would go about learning organic chemistry, I'm all ears.
kavu
Hazard to Others

Mood: To understand is to synthesize

[*] posted on 12-1-2013 at 14:28

I think you have been going through what is called general chemistry. Inorganic chemistry is at least as hard as organic on a higher level. All and all chemistry is not a thing that can be learned by just reading. Problems and exercises are helpful in many ways. A whole blog devoted to learning the basics of organic chemistry can be found at http://masterorganicchemistry.com. It also houses study tips and the following might be of use: http://masterorganicchemistry.com/2011/03/30/organic-chemist...

[Edited on 12-1-2013 by kavu]
AndersHoveland
Hazard to Other Members, due to repeated speculation and posting of untested highly dangerous procedures!

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 12-1-2013 at 14:33

Inorganic chemistry can be just as complicated. It is just that there tends to be more of those covalent bonds in carbon compounds, and the possible molecular arrangements tend to be far greater.

I could refer you to a good many threads in this forum that involve very complicated inorganic reactions. However, most of these obscure inorganic compounds are almost never encountered in daily life, whereas organic compounds are far more prevalent. Most of the inorganic materials we deal with are just oxides or metals, with much simpler chemistry.

I'm not saying let's go kill all the stupid people...I'm just saying lets remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.
Nicodem
Super Moderator
Thread Moved
13-1-2013 at 01:25

Go To Top