Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: WTF????
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 21-6-2012 at 09:51
WTF????

I was happily typing away and hit an adjacent key.. close to "p" and suddenly I'm on the previous thread I was in. I'm not a typist and I was using a second laptop. What is the lock symbol that appears and why does it? My machine or a forum utility? If the latter do we need it?

I like this place and this is a truly minor annoyance with more fault lying with my own lack of keyboard skill. Nevertheless, I'd like to know if anyone recognizes this as a problem and has a solution.

I forgot to say that all the text I had entered disappeared and that this has happened more than once before. I was talking about workups in organic synthesis and I'd like to know which forum that belongs in. I was typing in whimsey but I see that is a non-chemistry area.

[Edited on 21-6-2012 by chemrox]

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
Eddygp
National Hazard

Mood: Organometallic

[*] posted on 22-6-2012 at 01:44

I think you pressed Backspace after clicking outside the writing-your-topic box

there may be bugs in gfind

[ˌɛdidʒiˈpiː] IPA pronunciation for my Username
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 23-6-2012 at 00:00

That is probably what happened. I hesitated to post but this is helpful. Thanks!

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)

Go To Top