Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Something like RDX but stronger
Adas
National Hazard

Mood: Sensitive to shock and friction

thumbup.gif posted on 25-10-2011 at 12:38
Something like RDX but stronger

Hello, chemists!
I have found a substance called "Acetaldehyde ammonia trimer". I think, that the NH groups can be nitrated and it will make an explosive very similar to RDX but with higher performance (H2 evolved after explosion).
What do you think about it? Have anyone else thought about this too?
AndersHoveland
Hazard to Other Members, due to repeated speculation and posting of untested highly dangerous procedures!

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 25-10-2011 at 16:22

Yes, an explosive similar to RDX could be made, but would be less powerful (worse oxygen balance).
quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 26-10-2011 at 06:14

Quote: Originally posted by Adas  
Hello, chemists!
I have found a substance called "Acetaldehyde ammonia trimer". I think, that the NH groups can be nitrated and it will make an explosive very similar to RDX but with higher performance (H2 evolved after explosion).
What do you think about it? Have anyone else thought about this too?

Adas :
Please post all sources, articles, related research when making a specific claim. Please read the FAQ. Those rules apply to all & starting a thread in this way is not appropriate.
We have extensive RDX threads, therefore I would suggest you use the Search Engine & utilize an existing one; there is no problem continuing an older thread But everyone needs to provide documentation as to where they found information or related research or the thread gets closed, etc

Adas
National Hazard

sad.gif posted on 26-10-2011 at 08:51

Okay, but what if this is my very own idea? I couldn't find anything about it. I am sorry..
quicksilver
International Hazard

Mood: ~-=SWINGS=-~

[*] posted on 26-10-2011 at 11:06

Quote: Originally posted by Adas  
Okay, but what if this is my very own idea? I couldn't find anything about it. I am sorry..

OK, in that instance attach it to an existing thread.
Let's say you have an idea that you can't find related to any SEARCH, then find and RDX thread and go for it. That way you keep the GENERAL subject related. This helps when a person (perhaps weeks or more later may have the same idea, has some knowledge about that idea, or has read it and connects it to a previous related experiment.

If (for example) we have dozens of RDX threads, the SEARCH that someone later makes on a related subject will often get lost in the shear volume of individual threads. What's more a mis-spelling or different way of writing about a similar subject will throw off the person doing the SEARCH.
Often those with the most information on a given subject will continue on a thread (notice the "Primaries" thread). It keeps those searching for information from having to read dozens of threads and missing the subject because of a slightly different way of saying the same thing. It also allows the Search engine to narrow the query down (in an Advanced Search) on a part of the subject.

Of course I'll let this one stand as it's already in existence, it's not offensive, it is (I presume) a question you could not find any material on, etc. But next time add it to one that's already in existence.

[Edited on 26-10-2011 by quicksilver]

Adas
National Hazard

[*] posted on 26-10-2011 at 11:09

Okay, thanks, I will follow this in future :)

Go To Top