Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Webinar - Rookie Lab Mistakes and Other Facts Not Found In Textbooks
radiance88
Hazard to Self

Mood: a little less evil than usual

[*] posted on 8-1-2015 at 05:59
Webinar - Rookie Lab Mistakes and Other Facts Not Found In Textbooks

Hey fellow mad-hatters.

I was just just browsing reddit and came across this thread in the chemistry subreddit that talks about everyone's worst chemical accidents in the lab.

Some of the stories are funny, some are entertaining, and some remind me that holy crap I have to be very very careful with this science hobby of mine.

There was also a reply in there that plugged an upcoming ACS webinar about lab mistakes made by beginners in the lab, and it's done by a lady who actually runs a website that collects data on this sort of thing.

I'm quite interested in watching this webinar because being the inquisitive individual that I am, it is very likely that I am going to end up doing some hazardous experiments in my quest for science, and it is in my best interest to not lose a limb or burn my house down in the process. Sadly, because I live far away from the US, I won't be able to watch it at its scheduled streaming time.

Upon investigating the matter, it seems as though the webinar recordings themselves are held in an archive exclusive to ACS members which they can view and download any time.

I was wondering if anyone here is a member of this ACS? And if so, would he/she be so kind as to share it with us?

Also, if this isn't in the right section (I couldn't figure out where the thread really belongs), I request that the mod move it into the most appropriate section for it.

Go To Top