Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: kewl attempts to synthesize NI3
AndersHoveland
Hazard to Other Members, due to repeated speculation and posting of untested highly dangerous procedures!

Mood: No Mood

smile.gif posted on 29-8-2012 at 05:46
kewl attempts to synthesize NI3

I found this on another forum:
http://www.chemicalforums.com/index.php?topic=60855.0
I found it absolutely hilarious.
Hexavalent
International Hazard

Mood: Pericyclic

[*] posted on 29-8-2012 at 07:54

Most amusing....expect to hear something in the news about him over the next few months:)

If he can't even get the name of his compounds right - 'nitrogen triiodine' - that's always a bad sign.

Thanks for pointing this out, Anders....it's made my afternoon, that's for sure!

[Edited on 29-8-2012 by Hexavalent]

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." Winston Churchill
vmelkon
National Hazard

Mood: autoerotic asphyxiation

[*] posted on 30-8-2012 at 12:12

Yes, I saw that since I visit that forum.

That forum has strict rules about giving away information about explosives and drug making since those kinds of people aren't interested in the chemistry and will likely get hurt and attract attention from law enforcement.

Example : There was a youtube channel where someone told me that the owner of the channel is a young kid and he is most likely dead since he had been warned multiple times that making phosgene is extremely dangerous.

Extremely sad if it is true.
triplepoint
Hazard to Others

Mood: in equilibrium

[*] posted on 30-8-2012 at 12:35

Quote: Originally posted by vmelkon  
There was a youtube channel where someone told me that the owner of the channel is a young kid and he is most likely dead since he had been warned multiple times that making phosgene is extremely dangerous.

Extremely sad if it is true.

I know your motives were sincere, but this kind of second- or third-hand speculation is not helpful.

I suspect that if a kid killed himself with homemade phosgene, we would probably have all have heard the news reports.

We have enough real problems to worry about without spreading unfounded rumors that are probably not true.

Your point about criticizing recklessness is well-taken, but we still have to be careful to maintain our credibility while doing so.
bbartlog
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 30-8-2012 at 12:57

Quote:
I suspect that if a kid killed himself with homemade phosgene, we would probably have all have heard the news reports.

It did happen; the victim was a poster here. See http://www.sciencemadness.org/talk/viewthread.php?tid=13813&... . I think there may have been a small news item in a German paper but why would you necessarily expect it to make headlines?

The less you bet, the more you lose when you win.

Go To Top