Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Qorpak Type III Glass Safety Coated Bottle, 240 mL, Amber Boston Round
Loptr
International Hazard

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 10-4-2015 at 14:16
Qorpak Type III Glass Safety Coated Bottle, 240 mL, Amber Boston Round

I have come to like these bottles since Dr Bob sent me a few of them. Anyway, my impulsive/compulsive self had to go and buy 48 of them, more than I need at the moment, and would like to make some available to the community here.

I can sell them for $5/piece plus shipping, and I will be listing them on eBay for much more, so you guys get a discount.

About this item

Features
Narrow mouth lab bottle for substance control and containment
Amber glass body for solidity, solution compatibility, versatility and heat, gas and vapor resistance and to provide UV ray protection for light-sensitive samples
Boston round shape for applications that require a rounded body, short neck, narrow mouth to store liquid samples, solutions and dry materials
Exterior plastisol safety coating resists shattering and helps to retain contents for disposal in case of breakage
Green thermoset phenolic seal-lined cap to help secure contents with an F217 cap liner with a PTFE facing
Product Details
Manufacturer:QorpakASIN:B00T2H8QCG

Product Description
The Qorpak Boston round lab bottle has an amber glass body, and exterior safety coating, and a green thermoset phenolic cap with a foam F217 cap liner with a PTFE facing. This lab bottle has a narrow mouth for substance control and containment. The amber glass body provides solidity, solution compatibility, and versatility for use in an array of common applications, is heat, gas, and vapor resistant, and protects light-sensitive samples from ultra-violet (UV) rays. Its Boston round shape is used for applications that require a rounded body, short neck, and narrow mouth to store liquid samples and solutions, and dry materials. This lab bottle has an exterior safety coating that resists shattering and helps to retain contents for disposal in case of breakage. The plastisol safety coating is a solution of PVC resin in a liquid plasticizer that covers the glass bottle and cools to form a plastic coating. The green thermoset phenolic seal-lined cap secures contents to help prevent spills and evaporation. The F217 cap liner has a low-density polyethylene (LDPE) foam core between two layers of LDPE. An additional polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) facing resists many chemicals, moisture, and temperatures ranging from -400 to 500 degrees F. This bottle is suitable for use in mixing and storing analytical lab samples, high purity chemicals, acids and solvents, environmental samples, pharmaceuticals, volatile substances, and diagnostic reagents.

Lab bottles are used to store, hold, and mix liquids, powders, and other substances in a wide variety of scientific industries. Lab bottles have a more pronounced neck and shoulder than jars. Lab bottles are manufactured with a combination of characteristics in order to meet the demands of particular applications, such as for solution dispensing, mixing, and weighing, and use in centrifuge operations. They come in many shapes for specific applications, with a variety of mouth or nozzle shapes and sizes for specific use. Lab bottles are made from materials, such as glass (borosilicate or soda-lime) and an array of plastics, which are selected for chemical and thermal expansion resistance, transparency, and their adaptability in a variety of applications. Lab bottle interiors, caps, and lids are often lined with a protective material. Caps and lids help seal bottles to prevent solutions from spilling. The capacity refers to the fluid amount held by a lab bottle, and is commonly measured in milliliters (mL) and liters (l), and sometimes in ounces (oz). Lab bottles are suitable for use in chemistry and biology applications, as well as in pharmaceutical and scientific testing.

Qorpak manufactures and supplies glass jars, jugs, beakers, and bottles, and fiberboard mailing tubes and mailers for fluid containment and shipping applications in the pharmaceutical, chemical, petroleum, environmental, and educational fields.

image.jpg - 1.4MB image.jpg - 1.4MB image.jpg - 1.4MB image.jpg - 1.9MB image.jpg - 1.7MB
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 10-4-2015 at 17:41

These are nice bottles, I had a partial case and sold them all fast, so there is a demand for them. That price seems fair. I use Qorpak bottles all of the time. Good luck.
Zombie
Forum Hillbilly

Mood: I just don't know...

[*] posted on 10-4-2015 at 18:06

You the man Loptr!

They tried to have me "put to sleep" so I came back to return the favor.
Zom.
Loptr
International Hazard

Mood: Grateful

[*] posted on 11-4-2015 at 04:38

Thank you, Dr Bob and Zombie.

Go To Top