Printable Version  
Author: Subject: ETN sensitivity
golfpro
Banned

Mood: Cap Sensitive

[*] posted on 15-6-2013 at 14:14
ETN sensitivity

Hi,

I had a weird dream last night, so I put a bit of ETN into a sqaure peice of Al Foil, packed it tight with my fingers, and with a hammer and very little force, this went off with a strike, infact, I have had other dreams of doing exactly this with HMTD and it reminded me of that, I am asking because I have seen vids of people taking huge swings with sledge hammers to small amounts of ETN as if they had to use such force to detonate it, anyway It reminded me a bit too much of the impact sensitivity of AP, although much louder in a smaller amount. This ETN was recrystalized with denatured alchohol in another dream, this was 93% ethanol, and there was a slight smell of left over ethanol I remember, even though I washed it with water, do any of these things affect sensitivity? Or is this normal?

[Edited on 15-6-2013 by golfpro]
golfpro
Banned

[*] posted on 15-6-2013 at 14:21

Also, my etn was very light and fluffy and shiny crystals that would blow away easily, I am trying to find a way to keep them dense and keep it a dense powder, not like beautiful little snowflakes in a snowglobe.
plante1999
International Hazard

Mood: Mad as a hatter

[*] posted on 15-6-2013 at 14:33

How the fuck do you dream about energetic?

I do a lot of chemistry, and barely dream about a bottle of bleach.

Can't help the question tough.

I never asked for this.
golfpro
Banned

[*] posted on 15-6-2013 at 14:39

I don't know sometimes the dreams just come on almost like they are real, because like I would ever make etn in real life.

But, I just wasn't so sure that pressing >5grams (increase density) would be the safest thing seeing how sensitive it is to a strike reminds me a lot of a primary.
Bot0nist
International Hazard

Mood: Streching my cotyledons.

[*] posted on 15-6-2013 at 15:24

ETN is a sensitive secondary, almost like a primary, and is impact sensitive, but not as bad as AP. Melt the ETN crystals with simmering water to increase density, or press.

The whole "dreaming" thing is kind of rediculous. Your not fooling anyone, and it has no use whatso ever in any legal purpose. You might as well be "SWIMing." It is best to just be honest and report your experaments in a scientific way. You will be taken more seriously.

To do proper impact testing you must drop a wieght from a known distance and calculate the force in newtons, then compare to other entergetic materials.

Oh, and dont press with your hands, or with a golf tee or whatever. use a long wooden dowel rod to inxrease the distance between you and the cap. A blast shield is a must, and using a lever type mechanism is a good idea too. plan for the charge to detonate every time you press it or manipulate it. planning for the worst case senario (WCS) is a good way to reduce risk. 5grams can destroy you, remember that...

[Edited on 15-6-2013 by Bot0nist]

U.T.F.S.E. and learn the joys of autodidacticism!

Don't judge each day only by the harvest you reap, but also by the seeds you sow.

Go To Top