Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Moving Out

Texium - 19-8-2016 at 11:23

Tomorrow I will be going off to college and moving into a dorm room. Because of this, I will not have access to my lab as regularly as I do now. I'll still be keeping an eye on the forum and posting sometimes, but there will likely not be any new Texium videos for another couple weeks at least (though I have a lot of them planned). Fortunately, I'm attending a local university within an hour's drive of home, so I should be able to come home and do some chemistry and record videos on the weekends. How often I'll be able to do that will depend on my workload. Currently I don't really know what to expect.

Loptr - 19-8-2016 at 11:24

Good luck!

Velzee - 19-8-2016 at 11:34

Quote: Originally posted by zts16  
Tomorrow I will be going off to college and moving into a dorm room. Because of this, I will not have access to my lab as regularly as I do now. I'll still be keeping an eye on the forum and posting sometimes, but there will likely not be any new Texium videos for another couple weeks at least (though I have a lot of them planned). Fortunately, I'm attending a local university within an hour's drive of home, so I should be able to come home and do some chemistry and record videos on the weekends. How often I'll be able to do that will depend on my workload. Currently I don't really know what to expect.

Best of luck to you!

Metacelsus - 19-8-2016 at 15:06

Make sure to find a nice chemistry professor, and get started in a research lab! Getting started in the fall of my first year was a decision I'm glad I made.

arkoma - 21-8-2016 at 12:27

Man, I gotta get my laptop fixed just saw this thread. Congrats kiddo and get ya sum lernin!

Texium - 21-8-2016 at 19:32

Thanks guys! I'm settled into my dorm room now. Classes start a week from tomorrow. I'll be taking honors organic chemistry I this semester, and II in the spring. I bet I'll have done most if not all of the lab stuff that we'll do this semester, but I am certainly lacking when it comes to theory, so even though it probably won't be super fun, I'm looking forward to gaining a better understanding of the underlying principles of organic chemistry.