Sciencemadness Discussion Board

not sure what i should do

acehunter - 5-12-2015 at 05:25

Im from perth and im looking at getting into distilling essential oils. Ive found some glass kits on ebay and a few from suppliers in NSW but only thing that has me questioning it is i have to fill out a EUD from suppliers here in aus but i dont if i buy from ebay? And its for only two of the items? The still head and a condenser? What should i do? should i buy from ebay or a aus supplier?

macckone - 5-12-2015 at 08:12

I am not a lawyer but you should probably contact one. My understanding is that you have to fill out the form if the glassware is imported or if you buy it from a supplier. I have no idea in a private transaction that does not involve import.

j_sum1 - 5-12-2015 at 12:19

EUD is not usually a problem. Simply complete the form and make a purchase. The only issue I have had are suppliers that only let you complete an EUD if you are a business entity.

Or buy from ebay. Customs officials monitor glassware and you may get a visit from police. If you are legit then there is nothing much to worry about. That's all that they are checking. No harm in having a batch of eucalyptus oil on the go when they arrive though.

acehunter - 5-12-2015 at 15:40

does filling out the eud give the cops a reason to raid you or just knock on the door? Dont really want the cops busting my door in at 1am just from me ordering a glass kit :( Even tho its just for essential oil.

j_sum1 - 5-12-2015 at 19:39

I have not heard of anyone getting a knock on the door for an EUD, but it certainly does happen for glassware discovered by customs. Coincidentally, I had my visit just today. I'll post details in one of the treads already discussing the subject.

[edit]
The EUD is mostly a way of keeping tabs on suppliers. It actually has little impact on buyers.

[Edited on 6-12-2015 by j_sum1]