Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Alfa Aeser

thebean - 1-5-2014 at 07:14

Does anyone have experience ordering from them? Would they sell anhydrous aluminum chloride to an individual?

Zyklon-A - 1-5-2014 at 07:39

No, I haven't bought from them before, a since you failed to provide a link to the product in question, I'm not sure if this is cheaper, but it's certainly not expensive either:http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALUMINIUM-CHLORIDE-ANHYDROUS-AlCl3-1...
[EDIT] BTW, that eBay seller has an excellent selection of useful reagents for a good price.

[Edited on 1-5-2014 by Zyklonb]

gdflp - 1-5-2014 at 08:23

I think Alfa Aesar is the same as Sigma Aldrich in the fact that they won't sell anything to individuals, they don't want to deal with it.

[Edited on 1-5-2014 by gdflp]

Burner - 1-5-2014 at 09:40

Quote: Originally posted by Zyklonb  
No, I haven't bought from them before, a since you failed to provide a link to the product in question, I'm not sure if this is cheaper, but it's certainly not expensive either:http://www.ebay.com/itm/ALUMINIUM-CHLORIDE-ANHYDROUS-AlCl3-1...
[EDIT] BTW, that eBay seller has an excellent selection of useful reagents for a good price.

[Edited on 1-5-2014 by Zyklonb]

This EBay seller has very good products! I can personally vouch for their quality. However, for those of us in the US, the shipping can be a bit slow. I second Zyklonb's suggestion of looking at his product list.

thebean - 1-5-2014 at 10:57

Sorry about not providing a link. I'd rather not order something from Poland, so I'll continue my search.

MrHomeScientist - 1-5-2014 at 11:10

Alfa Aesar, along with all the other major suppliers, does not deal with individuals. You must be a business (and no, making your own LLC company with a PO box almost certainly won't work either). eBay is a wonderful source for just about everything you'd need; sometimes you just have to be patient and keep an eye out for certain things.

Mailinmypocket - 1-5-2014 at 11:26

I have ordered many many times from that polish seller (chemdreamlandeu) and excellent is all I can say. Well packed, properly labelled and ships quick enough. I don't try ordering liquids though just because it's quite the trip, but for solid chemicals? No problem!

Nectarine - 2-5-2014 at 19:38

I've ordered from Sigma Aldrich before.
"Sorry we cannot ship to individuals."
"Ok, bye"
-Proceed to charge my account and ship the product.

Steam - 2-5-2014 at 19:45

Quote: Originally posted by thebean  
Sorry about not providing a link. I'd rather not order something from Poland, so I'll continue my search.

I have bought form this seller before and they are very good. Shipping is pretty fast when compared to other foreign sellers.

stoichiometric_steve - 3-5-2014 at 10:49

Quote: Originally posted by Nectarine  
I've ordered from Sigma Aldrich before.
"Sorry we cannot ship to individuals."
"Ok, bye"
-Proceed to charge my account and ship the product.

CLASSIC!

HeYBrO - 9-5-2014 at 15:50

Any one had any experience with that ebay seller's phthalic anhydride? Cheers!

EdMeese - 10-5-2014 at 14:28

City Chemical is king of (cheap) inorganics (contrast Strem :-) and has been known to sell to individuals in the past, tho I've no personal experience. The story involved patina chemicals not hazmats, so....