Sciencemadness Discussion Board

chemicals

Alchemist - 10-11-2002 at 10:44

Hello all,

does anyone know of a good source for,powdered Aluminum, Benzoic acid or Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Permanganate, and Resorcinal? Also looking for good prices! I live in Southern California (the San Fernando Valley). Thanks all....

P.S.,What is the "Chemical Network" !

Some good sites

trinitrotoluene - 10-11-2002 at 22:24

unitednuclear.com is a good place to check out you can order over there in cash. Also pyrotek.org if you have pay pal or a credit card, but they have cheaper prices. Well you can produce Al powder with a ball mill it just takes a long time.

IodineForLunch - 12-11-2002 at 15:05

www.al-chymist.com has good prices on all sorts of chemicals, as well as glassware and lab equipment.

unitednuclear is crap. overpriced.

David Hansen

vulture - 13-11-2002 at 09:04

I don't exactly remember why, but some people at E&W mentioned that unitednuclear was a malicious firm.

Chemicals Network

Ramiel - 13-11-2002 at 20:45

It was another blinding flash of genius from me; just an idea. It doesn't look like many people here have an optimistic view of human nature, so it won't get off the ground. Hobbesian whingers.

Ramiel - 13-11-2002 at 20:51

ps. what on gods earth? is al-chemist owned by a bunch of mormans or amish people? can I find tinnament of frog's teeth there?

haha...

madscientist - 13-11-2002 at 21:41

The Al-Chymist clearly was hacked...

no...

Polverone - 13-11-2002 at 21:50

The Al-Chymist wasn't hacked. Those pictures appeared right around Halloween and have been there since. I presume that they show Al-Chymist employees and/or friends/family of employees in their Halloween costumes.

trinitrotoluene - 30-11-2002 at 17:18

Had anyone acually ordered chemicals from al-chymist? If so what payment method did you use? because they said they dont sell chemicals to miners and I'm a miner. So i was wondering if a money order will do the trick?

Polverone - 1-12-2002 at 13:32

No, they do sell chemicals to miners. Didn't you see the big banner about their mining and assay supplies?

But maybe you mean minor, someone under 21 years of age :P

I've ordered from the Al-Chymist. I used VISA. I don't remember when I got my credit card, but I don't think I was 21 yet. I would guess they would take any credit card. They didn't ask me for any proof of age or identity beyond the valid credit card. And, yes, they also say that they will accept money orders. If you'd clicked on their "legal" page you would've been able to read all the details yourself...

Anarchist - 22-12-2002 at 18:29

I think Skylighter sells most of that stuff.

btw: Alchemist you live right near me.

trinitrotoluene - 24-12-2002 at 20:53

I say Pyrotek.org sell better chems and a better price.

BTW:AlChemist and Anarchist i live in CA, in the bay area:D

sdodgen62 - 2-1-2012 at 21:21

try soap goods.com out of atlanta, i buy there often. pickup or shipped very reasonable on what they have

zoombafu - 3-1-2012 at 11:31

I recommend Elemental Scientific LLC, they have good prices, and a wide variety.
Elemental Scientific

Wizzard - 3-1-2012 at 11:33

Wow guys, nice bump.