Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Published a paper on a previous work :)

DubaiAmateurRocketry - 31-1-2014 at 11:54

I apologize to make a 3rd post on propellants that contains dissolved oxidizers in propellants, but I sent a paper to IJAS december last year and it was accepted last week, and will be published next month.

The work in the paper discussed and presented a lot of information on solubility of perchlorate salts in a variety of solvents, such as diol and diamino or both(eg: ethanolamine) terminated solvents that could be cured. This does not increase the performance significantly, however it makes the mixture much easier to cast, and drops the viscosity and increases the density significantly compared to APCP. We gave data on calculated performances, density, etc and measured viscosity, burn rate, of some formulation etc.

I will try to synthesize ADN and some other oxidizers around this year, and see if I can get a eutectic of ADN because ADN also have very good solubility in polar solvents. I will also make some Lithium dinitramide since I planned to synthesize KDN as my first move.

Now for that paper.

This journal is not very popular and published much more papers on calculations of ballistics and aerodynamics, this is one of their few papers on propellants and chemistry.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Dear -

-
-
Your paper (ID: 105700054) will be published in International Journal of Aerospace Sciences(Volume 3, Number 1, February 2014), and the online version will be open to public on the homepage of the journal at the end of February.

Welcome to submit more manuscripts and recommend our journals to your colleagues and research team members.
We look forward to your continuous support.

-

Best wishes,

-
-

DraconicAcid - 31-1-2014 at 12:02

Well done!

APO - 31-1-2014 at 12:21

Sounds good.

franklyn - 11-1-2015 at 00:07

One for DubaiAmateurRocketry

23 miles straight up ! Used to be one needed a V-2 to do this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQw_C5KLhFM
I have no doubt if this was carried aloft to 80,000 feet by a balloon before ignition , it could double the altitude.

The builder's web site _ http://ddeville.com/derek/Qu8k.html

[Edited on 11-1-2015 by franklyn]