Sciencemadness Discussion Board

l-selectride in Canada

newsciencenewguy - 12-12-2013 at 15:08

anyone know where an amateur may acquire this?

zed - 12-12-2013 at 17:35

Have your local Chemical supplier order it via Sigma-Aldrich. Usually, I suggest that folks make such exotic items. That looks to be fairly challenging for this material. I don't know what you want it for, but it is about as commonplace as a herd of pink on yellow, polka-dotted elephants. Expensive too.

newsciencenewguy - 12-12-2013 at 18:55

Quote: Originally posted by zed  
Have your local Chemical supplier order it via Sigma-Aldrich. Usually, I suggest that folks make such exotic items. That looks to be fairly challenging for this material. I don't know what you want it for, but it is about as commonplace as a herd of pink on yellow, polka-dotted elephants. Expensive too.

Do you forsee any problems if I attempted to import it from an oversees chemical supplier?

elementcollector1 - 12-12-2013 at 19:12

Not really. Not used in any drug syntheses that I know of, not very harmful. Expensive, so you'd have to pay more for more protective shipping (possibly).

newsciencenewguy - 12-12-2013 at 19:30

Quote: Originally posted by elementcollector1  
Not really. Not used in any drug syntheses that I know of, not very harmful. Expensive, so you'd have to pay more for more protective shipping (possibly).

considering all these properties it's pretty pathetic that I have to jump through hoops to get this. canadian and american currency is pretty much at par yet it's around $20 more for 100ml on sigma's canadian website and that's without knowing if they'll ship it to me as an individual. damn drug clowns have ruined it for everyone.

[Edited on 13-12-2013 by newsciencenewguy]

plante1999 - 12-12-2013 at 19:58

If you manage to get some, I would be interested in a small amount as a lab curiosity. I'm in Canada too.

Sigma do not sell to individual, nor most Canada company, you will have to get it from oversea.

zed - 14-12-2013 at 12:32

Well historically, the Canuck buck has been worth about 80% of the American buck. Once in the distant past, I met a devious Canadian, criminal dope dealer, who was using this differential to rip-off... honest, god-fearing American dope dealers. Come the deal, his cash would include a considerable percentage of Canadian 100s, along with a portion of bogus U.S. 100s. Needless to say, this mad folks mad, real mad.

Aldrich wants more, because Canadian money is usually worth less.