Sciencemadness Discussion Board

OrgSyn.org

Magpie - 3-12-2013 at 18:33

Is anyone else having trouble using this site? All I can get is the hazard warning statement.

Metacelsus - 3-12-2013 at 18:39

I just tried it, and it worked for me.

Oscilllator - 3-12-2013 at 23:48

It works for me, too. I am using chrome.

bfesser - 4-12-2013 at 05:46

Works fine in Chromium (30.0.1599.114-0ubuntu0.13.10.2), as well. Be sure that you have cookies and JavaScript enabled for the domain.

Marvin - 4-12-2013 at 06:13

I had problems following old links on chrome on my netbook. I couldn't get through the disclaimer to the linked synthesis, I think redirection was to the main page. I tried searching for the target from the main orgsyn page but that led to huge numbers of hits. I ended up using google to search for the prep code and downloading the direct pdf.

solo - 4-12-2013 at 07:17

...try this,

http://www.orgsyn.org/Default.aspx

Magpie - 4-12-2013 at 14:10

Quote: Originally posted by Marvin  
I had problems following old links on chrome on my netbook. I couldn't get through the disclaimer to the linked synthesis, I think redirection was to the main page. I tried searching for the target from the main orgsyn page but that led to huge numbers of hits. I ended up using google to search for the prep code and downloading the direct pdf.

That's where I'm at also. I checked my JavaScript and it was installed. I set the cookies filter to the lowest level but this had no effect.

UnintentionalChaos - 4-12-2013 at 15:28

Quote: Originally posted by Magpie  
Quote: Originally posted by Marvin  

That's where I'm at also. I checked my JavaScript and it was installed. I set the cookies filter to the lowest level but this had no effect.

The main page's "search text" tab doesnt work for me. But if you click "search" on the bar next to "home," it goes to a different page, and that search seems to work. I really dislike the new website setup.

ziqquratu - 4-12-2013 at 16:16

Was just using it, works OK for me - Firefox with session cookies allowed, AdBlock plus disabled on the site only, and flash disabled.

I kinda like the new layout - I'm usually annoyed when people make drastic changes to sites, and I swore when I first saw it had changed. But after using it for only a few minutes... the notes are right there, so you don't have to scroll back and forth all the time. And the search engine actually seems to work!

Magpie - 4-12-2013 at 20:17

My problem has been solved and I feel foolish telling the reason. I had the screen expanded too much and the "accept" button for the warning/disclaimer was cut off at the bottom.

My son solved this problem for me in about 2 minutes.