Sciencemadness Discussion Board

CdO for Sell (?)

harokaro - 25-2-2012 at 08:45

So i found in my grandfathers garage 4x unopened CdO, each contain 400grams brown powder in amber glass bottle, wax sealed lid, 99,5% with all impurities listing in 0,01% ranges - lab/reagent grade... in russian it names "chemically pure". Grandfather was a painter and in USSR there was not easy get finished paints, therefore they mixed lab grade chemicals. I wish sold them. Now I don't know is it legal to ship in Europe Union CdO, theoritically it is poison, but also Lab chemical and pigment. I saw in ebay the sellers sell Mercury oxide, chloride, cadmium salts, oxidizers etc for years, and worldwide ignoring all USPS Pub52, it can be seen Ebay feedback. Question : when you receive prohibited item, on the package it is masked under other name? For example cadmium sulfide named as cadmium yellow paint?
Sorry for my bad english. I live in Europe Union, so at the beginnings I will try to ship only to EU. Write to email if you want to buy my CdO. Only experiment I tried - dissolve in H2SO4, it disolves very quickly and formed 100% transparent solution, so it is ideal precussor to all Cadmium salts you want.

[Edited on 25-2-2012 by harokaro]

Hexavalent - 25-2-2012 at 10:52

Just out of curiosity, how much would you be asking?

harokaro - 25-2-2012 at 12:15

USD 38 + shipping, ~$10.

Hexavalent - 25-2-2012 at 14:00

OK, again out of curiosity would you sell smaller amounts, like 40g?