Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Benzene R-C-O-CL + ALCL; Time and Fahrenheit?

mbart - 19-9-2011 at 05:44

What is the time and at what Fahrenheit or Celsius do i need to solve the combination above?

blogfast25 - 19-9-2011 at 06:14

Nope, didn't catch any of that. This is a science forum: try and express yourself concisely...

Endimion17 - 19-9-2011 at 08:58

Friedel–Crafts acylation. He wants to know how to perform the reaction.

Well, mbart, I could write you the procedure for making acetophenone. But I don't know the procedure for other Rs.

Reaction conditions for small amounts of reactants (semimicro) is 90 °C (water bath) during 45 minutes.

The whole synthesis lasts for three hours and requires some hefty glassware. Few test tubes won't do.

[Edited on 19-9-2011 by Endimion17]

mbart - 19-9-2011 at 10:24

Hello Endimion,
Could you send me the procedure for making acetophenone, and what solvent do you use.? Thanx
Quote: Originally posted by Endimion17  
Friedel–Crafts acylation. He wants to know how to perform the reaction.

Well, mbart, I could write you the procedure for making acetophenone. But I don't know the procedure for other Rs.

Reaction conditions for small amounts of reactants (semimicro) is 90 °C (water bath) during 45 minutes.

The whole synthesis lasts for three hours and requires some hefty glassware. Few test tubes won't do.

Bot0nist - 19-9-2011 at 10:52

He gave you all you need to do this if you would bother doing some research. Seems to me like you want him to load it up into a spoon, make airplane noises, and guide it into your mouth.

There is literally hundreds of writeups for the synth your wanting. Just open your eyes and look around. ;)

Endimion17 - 19-9-2011 at 11:08

I've sent you the procedure. Excess benzene is used as a solvent.

Bot0nist, it's OK. :D

mbart - 19-9-2011 at 11:32

"With a little help from my friends" life is great
Quote: Originally posted by Bot0nist  
He gave you all you need to do this if you would bother doing some research. Seems to me like you want him to load it up into a spoon, make airplane noises, and guide it into your mouth.

There is literally hundreds of writeups for the synth your wanting. Just open your eyes and look around. ;)

Bot0nist - 19-9-2011 at 11:43

Sorry if that sounded harsh. So much is lost when typing a reply, as opposed to speaking it, and the emoticons only help a bit. I didn't intend it to sound as mean as it reads. Good luck in your endeavor mbart.

[Edited on 19-9-2011 by Bot0nist]