Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Adipic Acid

helzblack - 15-10-2024 at 05:31

Where can I get this at a reasonable price from China and food grade?

Or at least from China? I have asked Chinese suppliers but they only sell MOQ of tons, or stuff like that. Crazy shipping.

I think there is even and Extractions and Ire video where he gets adipic acid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8_FLYV9MA4

Does anyone know of any supplier for chemicals like that?

By that I mean chemicals widely used in the plastics industry or the food industry but that are not normally sold to consumers, like adipic acid, triacetin, isoamyl alcohol, stuff like that at a reasonable price, international shipping.

I am not looking to buy anything crazy.

[Edited on 15-10-2024 by helzblack]

Precipitates - 15-10-2024 at 23:52

Etsy has stuff like that - international shipping (from some of the reviews may or may not be from the location specified).

Look at some of the crazy chemicals listed when I searched for adipic acid.

Not sure about from China or food grade.

Amazon and Ebay may also have listings for Adipic Acid depending where you are in the world.

[Edited on 16-10-2024 by Precipitates]

helzblack - 16-10-2024 at 02:20

I thought it was a place for bracelets. Amazing

DraconicAcid - 16-10-2024 at 17:49

You can get homeopathic fluoric acid on Etsy. What the heck is fluoric acid? HFO3?

Precipitates - 17-10-2024 at 01:49

Maybe really really dilute HF

Dr.Bob - 17-10-2024 at 04:58

helzblack, if you say where you are located, that may help, as there are people selling chemicals in Europe who only ship there and the same for the US. Chemical supplies tend to be more local, as shipping chemicals correctly often limits people to their continent. China mostly allows their vendors to ship anything, anyway, to anywhere since they want to encourage exports more than create safe shipping.

Syn the Sizer - 17-10-2024 at 15:41

If you are looking for Chinese products, put in an RFQ (Request for Quote) you can give the exact amount you are looking for. There are smaller suppliers who will likely reply to your RFQ it save you from parsing sever shops to find one selling you requested amount.

the form is found by the following

My Alibaba > Buying Request Hub > RFQ markets

helzblack - 18-10-2024 at 06:03

Quote: Originally posted by Syn the Sizer  
If you are looking for Chinese products, put in an RFQ (Request for Quote) you can give the exact amount you are looking for. There are smaller suppliers who will likely reply to your RFQ it save you from parsing sever shops to find one selling you requested amount.

the form is found by the following

My Alibaba > Buying Request Hub > RFQ markets

Useful! Thanks

Syn the Sizer - 18-10-2024 at 09:14

No problem, glad to help.

clearly_not_atara - 18-10-2024 at 14:20

You can also get adipic acid by alkaline hydrolysis of nylon-6-6, which should be distinguished from just nylon-6 — the latter hydrolyses to 6-aminocapric acid.