Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Do you think high school chemistry teachers often have students make Breaking Bad jokes?

Cou - 15-7-2020 at 16:21

Like, students joking about making you a real life Walter white?

j_sum1 - 15-7-2020 at 16:51

Doubtful. I have never watched it and I am pretty sure none of my current students have either.

DraconicAcid - 15-7-2020 at 17:02

My high-school-age kids have watched some of it, so yes.

draculic acid69 - 15-7-2020 at 17:07

Quote: Originally posted by j_sum1  
Doubtful. I have never watched it and I am pretty sure none of my current students have either.

How have you never seen it j sum1? It's all anyone talked about for like 5yrs.

karlosĀ³ - 15-7-2020 at 17:16

Quote: Originally posted by draculic acid69  
Quote: Originally posted by j_sum1  

How have you never seen it j sum1? It's all anyone talked about for like 5yrs.

I haven't seen that either and it is probably much more closer in relation to my own occupational field in chemistry.

Syn the Sizer - 15-7-2020 at 18:38

When people hear I am in school for chemistry I often get Breaking Bad jokes. Asking if I am training to be Walter White or if I need a new Jesse Pinkmann.

I laugh not to be rude but honestly it gets old fast, kinda like somebody names Alice I never say "Who the F**K is Alice" they have probably heard it their whole life and it's really played out.

draculic acid69 - 15-7-2020 at 19:45

All anyone says when u mention that your into chemistry is either are u making drugs or bombs.we all get that

Cou - 15-7-2020 at 20:23

In 11th grade AP chemistry, some students joked about which chemistry teacher would be best to approach for a walter white/jesse pinkman arrangement.

symboom - 15-7-2020 at 21:57

Syn the Sizer I get the samething the first thing a person think of is chemistry is hard. then when breaking bad came popular the meth questions and breaking bad questions and jokes were more frequent.

Syn the Sizer - 16-7-2020 at 11:30

Yep, I just laugh so I don't seem like a dick lol.