Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Z Library seized

arkoma - 11-11-2022 at 14:19

hxxps://www.vice.com/en/article/7k8qby/feds-seize-one-of-the-largest-sites-for-pirated-books-and-articles-z-library

Seized by the US Govt. I for one have gotten quite a few books there. *sigh*

mayko - 12-11-2022 at 08:18

It's still running on Tor, though you need an account to log in:

bookszlibb74ugqojhzhg2a63w5i2atv5bqarulgczawnbmsb6s6qead.onion

ManyInterests - 8-12-2022 at 08:37

What? Man I booked marked that page. I'm going to need to go to the Tor version and download all that I can quick...

blogfast25 - 8-12-2022 at 10:19

What was so interesting/dangerous about it?

arkoma - 8-12-2022 at 21:44

Quote: Originally posted by blogfast25  
What was so interesting/dangerous about it?

"intellectual property" ""theft"".

Information WANTS to be free. I dearly want to get my soapbox out, but I have to hold myself to a higher standard now *sigh*

Thanks for the onion link Mayko

[Edited on 12-9-2022 by arkoma]

solo - 16-11-2023 at 11:08

....unfortunately both the tor version as the regular version are now pay sites. no more free books and their journal articles are never found....i guess they want payment for that too....sad!...solo

Keras - 17-11-2023 at 00:42

The files have not been deleted. The servers are (supposedly) located in Russia. Only the domain name is, but that avail almost to nothing. It’s just another case of the FBI boasting a non-achievement.

EF2000 - 19-11-2023 at 04:23

Quote: Originally posted by Keras  
The files have not been deleted. The servers are (supposedly) located in Russia. Only the domain name is, but that avail almost to nothing. It’s just another case of the FBI boasting a non-achievement.

US government, as usual, is just a paper tiger. They can do nothing to the servers, so they resort to defacing a website, very grown up behaviour.
Servers are all across the world: Russia, Panama, Germany, Finland, Malaysia, Luxembourg, even USA. HQ is somewhere in the land of green tea and pandas, safe from imperialists' reach.

And no, if what looks like Z-lib asks for money, it's not the real one! There are imposters running around: https://www.thehindu.com/sci-tech/technology/phishing-websit...