Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Isocyanate to dinitramide, and other routes to dinitramides and its salts.
DubaiAmateurRocketry
National Hazard

Mood: In research

[*] posted on 29-12-2013 at 18:57
Isocyanate to dinitramide, and other routes to dinitramides and its salts.

In the paper I attached below, an interesting reaction is presented.

This reaction means many isocyanated compounds could be turned into dinitramide substituted derivatives. Just to name some, PolyMDI for example, probably, could be dinitramided to polyMDN, maybe a polymer with dinitramide in each segment :p 5-Isocyano-tetrazole(probably can be synthesized from 5-amino-tetrazole and phosgene) probably could be turned into 5-dinitramino-tetrazole from the above reaction.

Tetraisocyanocubane (one of precursor to ONC) probably could be turned into tetra-di-nitraminocubane too from the above reaction. this would result in C8H4[N(NO2)2]4. With its empirical formula C8H4N12O16

Also, the paper stated a 1 step reaction from NH3/nitramine to ADN. simply by adding [NO2]+ [X]- to NH3. N2O5, NO2BF4, etc can be used.

Attachment: An Overview on the Synthetic Routes and Properties of ADN and other dinitramide salts.pdf (176kB)
This file has been downloaded 1113 times
APO
National Hazard

Mood: Refluxing

[*] posted on 2-1-2014 at 02:35

Thanks! This is fantastic! I think the proper name for the "tetra-dinitramino-cubane" would be cubane tetrakis dinitramide though.

Also, the 1,2,4,7 form of cubane tetraisocyanate you show will be destroyed in this reaction due to ring cleavage, only the 1,3,5,7 form will work properly.

Anyway, great find.

"Damn it George! I told you not to drop me!"
DubaiAmateurRocketry
National Hazard

Mood: In research

[*] posted on 4-4-2014 at 03:31

This reaction is interesting, I wonder what N2O5 nitration on hydrazine, hydroxylamine, and other nitrogenhydride or hydroxylnitrogenhydrides will do.

Since N2O5 nitration of NH3 yeilds HN(NO2)2 Maybe N2O5 nitration of hydroxylamine yeilds this? HON(NO2)2

[Edited on 4-4-2014 by DubaiAmateurRocketry]

Go To Top