Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Problem with my Mettler balance
DJF90
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

mad.gif posted on 19-9-2013 at 15:49
Problem with my Mettler balance

I've got an old Mettler PE1600 balance. It was working the other day until it would not tare, and now each time the balance starts up it just displays "_ _ _ _ _". I've checked the manual i have for it and this supposedly means the pan is not installed or the balance was turned on with a weight on the pan. I've tried turning it on and off numerous times with the pan on/off and weight on the pan, but each time I get the same result.

I left it unplugged for several days and I just tried it again. The balance displayed 0.00g when turned on, and displayed the correct mass when the 1kg calibration mass was placed on the pan, but on attempting to tare the same issue occurs and the balace behaves as before, even after repeated turning on/off.

I'm only asking this here because I don't know what else to do. I've searched online for a service manual or something but no luck. The operating manual is not helpful. There was no troubleshooting addressing this issue that I could find using google. I've tried looking inside the balance but cannot see anything that looks out of place or damaged. The balance suffered no trauma before ceasing to work. Initially I thought it was due to the outdoors temp falling (lab is unheated outbuilding..) but even on standing indoors for a week or so there is no resolve.

I'd really appreciate any help people can offer.

Go To Top