Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Replacement Thermocouples Versus OEM And Chem Company's
Flint
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 19-3-2012 at 20:23
Replacement Thermocouples Versus OEM And Chem Company's

I need a new type PFA or PTFE type T temperature probe for my temperature controller (J-kem 260/T). Now, I can get one from chemglass PFA coated, a foot long for $80-90, I can get an OEM one for about $130, or I can get a PFA coated one from Omega here for about $50

http://www.omega.com/pptst/ICSS-PFA.html

Chemglass lists them here, and for the most part the discounted price theyre giving me when I login is only about $5-10 cheaper than the list price.

http://www.chemglass.com/product_view.asp?pnr=CG-3498%20Prob...

So, my question is, is there any noticeable difference or is it just scientific supplier markup, since scientific suppliers can tend to charge ridiculous prices for simple things sometimes.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 20-3-2012 at 07:06

Omega sells great stuff, theirs should work fine. While there may be slight variations from company to company, as long as the plug type is the same, it should work. Just make sure that you have the right plug, as there are even multiple types of type T fittings (round and flat plug types).
Flint
Harmless

[*] posted on 20-3-2012 at 08:45

Great, the advice is much appreciated. I'll contact omega and make sure what I'm ordering is the round type T. Now that you mention it, I have seen a J-Kem controller for type T thermocouples that had both round and flat thermocouple inputs. I just assumed it was for both "K" and "T" type but what you're saying makes more sense they both had the blue color coding.

Go To Top