Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Synthware: this looks familiar...
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-3-2012 at 19:00
Synthware: this looks familiar...

Pardon this if this isn't vital but after contacting Laboy over some adapters I think Synthware is another line of theirs..which begs the question: how many companies in China are actually making ground jointed glass? is this like GE from back in the tube days where all( well a lot...) the knock-off brands where really GE?( yes I know other makers did that but anyway). Now Laboy makes decent glass for what it is but I don't want to end up with second grade glass all from a name change.. as always opinions are heartily appreciated.
mr.crow
National Hazard

Mood: 0xFF

[*] posted on 16-3-2012 at 07:02

I have quite a bit of Synthware, and its very nice quality. All the joining is smooth and precise looking.

I don't know about durability because I haven't broken any. I also don't know about Laboy.

Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and caldron bubble
Funkerman23
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 3-4-2012 at 17:53

Update:Well I found( read: had found at one point)their website. www.kemtech-america.com HOWEVER the link is now bad. so far I don't think they sell just a distillation kit but the do sell a full kit of sorts. Tried to request a catalog to be mailed to me but since their site has bellied up I won't hold my breath as to it arriving.
I still find it odd that I have seen their logo in Laboy's catalog pdfs. but whether or not it is made in the same factory may be irrelevant. I am posting this in case someone else wanders here wondering what I did..and maybe someone else who knows more will chime in.

Go To Top