Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Will element 120 (eka-calcium) ever be synthesized ?
metalresearcher
National Hazard

Mood: Reactive

[*] posted on 27-8-2024 at 10:23
Will element 120 (eka-calcium) ever be synthesized ?

Martyn Poliakoff of Nottingham has a video on the possibility of creating Element 120. He says that element 119 (eka-potassium) is even more difficult as it is an odd element and 120 even.
But he talks about 'island of stability' but IMHO that does not exist as no element above 100 can be synthesized with isotopes living long enoughto be produced in weighable amounts to perform chemical experiments.
What are your thoughts ?
Sir_Gawain
Hazard to Others

Member Is Online

Mood: Way less sad

[*] posted on 27-8-2024 at 11:32

The “island of stability” is elements only relatively stable. The way nucleons pack into a nucleus causes elements that contain certain “magic numbers” of protons or neutrons to be much more stable. These numbers are 2,8,20,28,50,82,126. This might make elements around 126 *slightly* more stable. For similar reasons, even-numbered elements are more stable than odd.

As mentioned in the video, the reason going beyond 118 is so difficult is because you can’t use calcium-48 anymore (the atomic number is too small).

“Alchemy is trying to turn things yellow; chemistry is trying to avoid things turning yellow.” -Tom deP.
bnull
Hazard to Others

Mood: Dazed and confused.

[*] posted on 28-8-2024 at 05:49

In minute quantities (nanograms or less) for research purposes, yes; for practical purposes, no. It may be stable for a few minutes (probably 1 second or less) and then undergo alpha decay.

Quod scripsi, scripsi.

B. N. Ull

P.S.: Did you know that we have a Library?
Random
International Hazard

Mood: Energetic

[*] posted on 29-9-2024 at 19:13

Yes but what about Pb+Pb.

Plumbum + Plumbum

Edit:

Quote: Originally posted by bnull  
In minute quantities (nanograms or less) for research purposes, yes; for practical purposes, no. It may be stable for a few minutes (probably 1 second or less) and then undergo alpha decay.

Quick Search on Google says that Temperature does not affect RadioActivity

I don't believe that changing conditions does not affect RadioActivity

[Edited on 30-9-2024 by Random]

Edit2:

Actually. I have between everything other done between everything other unlisted revision of Nuclear Physics inside 2022.

I for example remember how a scientific community was saying that all radiation is ionising. ... It was something like that according to my personal memory.

I was constantly repeating according to my personal memory - no, this one type of radiation is not ionising.

Don't listen to everyone. Everything I wrote online was removed!!!

I still have I would say most of papers which I wrote non-digitally during that period and at least some of the screenshots of Digital Data that was written during that period.

Don't listen to everyone!!! Are we going to hear someone discovering something in how we could say 300 years that was written how we could say in 2022

bnull
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 29-9-2024 at 20:54

Quote:
Yes but what about Pb+Pb.

Too heavy to accelerate to the required speed. Not possible in the near future (next ten years or so).

Quod scripsi, scripsi.

B. N. Ull

Tsjerk
International Hazard

Mood: Mood

[*] posted on 29-9-2024 at 22:53

One day? Yes
More than a couple atoms? No

https://youtu.be/nhcKJgvE1Hs?si=1BrdbpQRsf2zd3-B
metalresearcher
National Hazard

Mood: Reactive

[*] posted on 30-9-2024 at 01:39

Pb+Pb makes element 164 which is an eka-plumbum (same group : below 114 and 82.

But, indeed too heavy.
Random
International Hazard

[*] posted on 30-9-2024 at 04:17

Look at this what is written for example.

I mean. Which dvi-Platinum.

Yeah, eka-Plumbum. I could accept that.

Screenshot_2024-09-30_14-14-14.png - 163kB Screenshot_2024-09-30_14-13-41.png - 174kB

Edit:

You know. ALICE experiment in CerN is according to my personal memory about collision of Pb Pb nuclei.

Edit2:

I would like to share those papers from period \\\2020 - 2023\\\

If I manage to do it.

bnull
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 30-9-2024 at 12:06

Quote:
You know. ALICE experiment in CerN is according to my personal memory about collision of Pb Pb nuclei.

Indeed, one of their researches involves Pb-Pb collisions. But they are interested in quark-gluon interactions. To use one of Feynman's figures, they're smashing one clock against the other to see what makes them tick.

The synthesis of rachmaninovium (element 164) by shooting lead atoms into a lead target wouldn't work. The target nuclei must be heavier than the projectile, which is not the case. It is about conservation of linear momentum and energy, with some relativity since the speed is quite high.

Quod scripsi, scripsi.

B. N. Ull

Random
International Hazard

[*] posted on 2-10-2024 at 05:26

Quote: Originally posted by bnull  
Quote:

Indeed, one of their researches involves Pb-Pb collisions. But they are interested in quark-gluon interactions. To use one of Feynman's figures, they're smashing one clock against the other to see what makes them tick.

The synthesis of rachmaninovium (element 164) by shooting lead atoms into a lead target wouldn't work. The target nuclei must be heavier than the projectile, which is not the case. It is about conservation of linear momentum and energy, with some relativity since the speed is quite high.

This is between everything other approaching quantum and string theory.

Even thinking or writing about \\\something\\\ is \\\egzistence\\\ \\\of the matter\\\

A philosophical thought would be. Is this how an Element Pb+Pb looks. This post what you see in the FlatScreen.

But more onTopic and more in physical view. Addition of protons are not yet enough researched.

There must be more to it.

I say this because there was this how we could say... I mean how we could call it \\\conflict\\\ inside \\\between everything other unlisted\\\ \\\science field\\\.

There is more to it. There must be more to it.

If I now look what I wrote online inside period \\\2020-2023\\\, everything is censored and removed.

I was even told by at least one person. It is in our interest that you stop thinking.

And I am not even Physicist by how we could say, profession.

Again, it is what I will say 09 2024.

There must be more to it. I now recall how many how we could say Great Minds were murdered in the past for various for example scientific claims.

I have a different thought on a lot of what I read as I got how we could say more experienced.

Also, take for example Bruno Giordano. It is said that he was burnt. It is also a matter of discussion if he was actually saying about finiteness rather than infiniteness. Because infiniteness is what is usually served to us and there are many enemies to finiteness.

Also now I see how Bruno Giordano was according to data also dealing with matters of Atom.

Those are actual matters. Conflicts inside science field are happening as this post is written.

|||

I believe that there will be progress inside those how we could call them areas.

It takes a long time for a person to gain enough experience in various topics to get an idea that would make a progress and then there are many obstructions.

Dissolution is important. When everything seems right. Dissolution of everything that makes sense and in the current time seems perfectly right is actually what is the foundation of \\\progress\\\.

Going backwards.

This is sometimes \\\how progress is made\\\.

We are even still not 100% sure how all this inside Atom works.
Many people say that it is perfectly \\\clear\\\ and say \\\what is there more to it\\\

There are still many unresolved questions inside physics. Resolving those questions will bring foundations how we could say for synthesis of those very heavy elements.

There were persons inside History who were how we could... Yeah. I was interrupted here as I was writing this.

It is necessary to keep \\\progressing\\\

I believe there is further progress to be made concerning those field.

Edit:

In my opinion first step would be trying to obtain all other elements up to the number as much as you can. But not by buying those elements but by going outside and obtaining them.

[Edited on 2-10-2024 by Random]

Go To Top