Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Introduction
p0lym3r423
Harmless

[*] posted on 21-5-2024 at 09:49
Introduction

Hi everyone,

Glad to finally be a member of this legendary forum :)

I am located in Marburg Germany and have a background in molecular biology.
Most of my free time revolves around microscopy of plant tissue and microalgae.
Lately i have become more interested in amateur chemistry.

My current goal is to do some inorganic preparations and purifications of salts for use in synthetic algae growing media. I like the idea of preparing as much compounds as possible from readily available hardware store products. I also want to do some basic analytical chem on my compounds.

So far, the forum and wiki have been super useful. If I encounter any problems I am unable to solve myself, I will just ask for advice. If I am especially proud of my beginner-level preps, I might even post write-ups from time to time.

Wish you all the best,
p0lym3r423
bnull
Hazard to Others

Member Is Online

Mood: Sleepy (again)

[*] posted on 21-5-2024 at 11:28

Hello! Welcome to the forum!

For inorganic preparations, you may want to check out some books in our Library, especially Georg Brauer's Handbook of Preparative Inorganic Chemistry and the volumes A Comprehensive Treatise on Inorganic and Theoretical Chemistry organized by J. W. Mellor. There are some others which, strangely enough, I haven't read yet.

Anyway, to make a long story short--and not to quote myself verbatim--LaTeX commands work here, there are two FAQs, one for the web site and one for the Discussion Board, with a list of bbcodes in the latter.

I hope you will enjoy your stay with us.

Quod scripsi, scripsi.

B. N. Ull

P.S.: Did you know that we have a Library?

Go To Top