Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: I need help! for electrodeposition of copper
violet sin
International Hazard

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 20-7-2014 at 16:42

I would never charge for the info in any book I will/would have written( for a printed book of course, there are costs involved)... and you can hold me to that. the idea is to get more people interested in the field, and produce more progress. I have never felt at ease with those that would hide their work until finished out, just so their name could go down as the one and only visionary. only allowing others to simply clean up the scraps in tiny additional info packets as amendments...

reading on how older greats often chatted in groups about their research, and inviting friends over to have a look, put their spin on whats happening to get past stumbling blocks... amazing. showing a true care of the work and not the ego that seems almost completely gone now-a-days. every one wants to be famous and in books, spotlight firmly on them( for 5 min). then forgotten as we adapt their work for common use.

the worst part is practically being called a thief here... when I am clearly only borrowing it, lol. Alzheimer's to wipe the slate clean eventually, no?
=============================================================

all that aside, it is killing me not to be able to get my electrodes in a bath and toy around( :P ). might have to visit the thrift store and devise some contraption. never fails you can mickey mouse something if you have patients, and a tacklebox of electronics bits, soldering gun, digi multimeter and random accoutrements. never leave the lab for long with out it.

I have a BIG pile of copper just staring at me. Slowly stripping it all, except a 16' foot pair of jumper cables I made the other day from some of the main 220v buss line :) copper + thrift store + hardware store = I will have something helpful to post in the next few days. instead of defending my honor as a non-thief in a fairly nonproductive conversation.
-Violet Sin-
blogfast25
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 21-7-2014 at 04:14

Quote: Originally posted by violet sin  
I would never charge for the info in any book I will/would have written( for a printed book of course, there are costs involved)... and you can hold me to that. the idea is to get more people interested in the field, and produce more progress.

I think you're being naïve. Science has never been a not-for-profit activity (although some areas are).

As regards costs, there are costs involved in writing an ebook too: the time and effort spent on it should command modest remuneration. I currently sell two (research and writing by me).

Everyone needs to get paid somehow because we all need to live. Blue sky researchers get remunerated by their research institutes, in other cases the remuneration is provided by the profits of applications that the science generates (sheer commercial enterprise, see for instance Robert Noyce).

A lot of advanced and hugely expensive genetic research would simply not happen is it wasn't for the (uncertain) promise of a big, fat pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

[Edited on 21-7-2014 by blogfast25]

zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 22-7-2014 at 15:13

Ummm. Aluminum is an active metal. Plating such a metal utilizing an acid bath/ or salt is unlikely. Aluminum is too reactive.

Similar problems with plating zinc or pot-metal. May be able to plate Al with a cyanide solution.....or maybe not.

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top