Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  ..  29    31
Author: Subject: Science equipment looking for a home
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-7-2024 at 18:51

Someone asked me about UV lamps, so I gathered them all up and took some photos. I have tested them all, and they all work. The one wavelength 345 nm (UVL-21) ones I would ask $40 for, the single wavelength 254 (UVG-11) I would ask $50 for, and the duel wavelength (UVGl-25) I would ask $60 for.

20240714_220631 UV lampsa.jpg - 1.3MB20240714_220658 uv lamps b.jpg - 1.3MB20240714_220843 uv lamps c.jpg - 1.1MB20240714_220946 uv lamp d.jpg - 1.1MB
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 22-7-2024 at 11:52

Thanks to several SciMad people for help in cleaning out the latest chemistry business to shut down. We have removed 2 hoods and their benches, lots of chemicals, glassware, and equipment. This has also produced over $3000 for the widow to help her pay for things. We may have even found someone to take over the lease, but not sure yet. I am still sorting and cleaning the glassware, but will continue posting as I get things in ready to ship condition. But I have found more various bottles, rotovap parts, smaller heating mantles, flasks, and so much more.

For chemicals, I do have a lot (100's) of substituted phenols, carboxylic acids (both benzoic and aliphatic) and a few inorganics that I might be able to ship small bottles of. So if you are looking for any of those, please let me know which ones, and I likely have them. Sadly, there are many nice chemicals that are hard to ship or large amounts, so shipping would be tough, but several local people have gotten a variety of those so far. I will try to update my list soon with many of the new finds, but it will take a while to list all of it.
Dr.Bob
International Hazard

[*] posted on 24-7-2024 at 10:50

Also, if anyone, especially in academics, is interested, there are a lot of boronic acids, mostly small containers, most of which are solids and easily shipped. I have also found a few 1-5 g bottles of palladium acetate, palladium chloride, platinum oxide (various types and batches), a variety of Pd(triphenylphosphine) compounds, the dichloride and other salts. Most of the Pd(0) triphenylphosphine material is clearly crap now (red), but if someone if interested in trying to recover the Pd or reduce it back to useful (yellow) Pd(0) material, I would be happy to discuss that. I also have a number of various phenols, they might be harder to ship, but if someone can think of a use, let me know.

Also, I found a whole pile of like new smaller heating mantles, mostly 100, 200, 250, or 500 ml size, so I am adding them to my spreadsheet shortly.
 Pages:  1  ..  29    31

Go To Top