Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Surplus sales in NY city area
Heavy Walter
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 4-10-2016 at 06:45
Surplus sales in NY city area

Fellows
I am reposting my question, fearing wasn´t at the correct thread.
I will visit New York city by middle of October.
Somebody can suggest me for places to get used/surplus scientific / lab equipment?
All is welcome: University surplus stores; flea markets; used equipment dealers; etc.
I know is not the best area for hunting technical things but...I will be there!
Thanks
Melgar
Anti-Spam Agent

Mood: Estrified

[*] posted on 14-10-2016 at 09:53

Do you need chemicals? NYC isn't all that big on chemistry glassware (I don't think many areas are zoned for chemical research labs, New Jersey might be where you'd want to go for that sort of thing), but you can get a whole bunch of chemicals here that cannot be legally shipped via any of the major carriers. Need nitric acid by the gallon ($60)? KCN? H2O2, 30% for $20 gallon? Graphite rods, or graphite crucibles, or alumina crucibles for significantly less than mail-order? Basically any chemicals or apparatus that can be used for electroplating or precious metal chemistry is available in the diamond district at the jewelers' supply store. You can also get a lot of basic glassware there, like beakers and such. And if you feel like buying some of my surplus chemicals, shoot me a U2U if it's not too late. I don't have anything too exotic, but I do have a whole bunch of vials, bottles, dropper bottles, etc., and a few reagents that might be of interest. My office is right next to Macy's, (between Herald Square and Penn Station) and I wouldn't mind having visitors. :)

[Edited on 10/14/16 by Melgar]
Heavy Walter
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 14-10-2016 at 10:14

Melgar

I sent you a U2U.
My trip was cancelled.
I take note of your kind comments.
Major interest is in equipment, not only chemical but physical: vacuum gauges, spares for pumps, glass bells, etc.
Thanks!

Go To Top