Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Using Chemistry to Recover Traces of gold The Stock Pot VIDEO
kadriver
Hazard to Others

Mood: Thankful

[*] posted on 14-9-2015 at 21:07
Using Chemistry to Recover Traces of gold The Stock Pot VIDEO

Here is another video showing how I use chemistry (specifically the reactivity series of metals) to recover trace amounts of precious metals from gold refining waste solutions.

It also shows some of my waste treatment system.

click here to view: https://youtu.be/P86Ch6w2V7I

Any comments or questions are always welcome.

Thanks for looking!

kadriver

[Edited on 15-9-2015 by kadriver]
MrHomeScientist
International Hazard

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-9-2015 at 06:23

Speaking of waste, how do you finally deal with yours? After you've cemented back out the copper you're left with a very concentrated (judging by the color) iron solution - where does that go? With the amounts you're working with you've definitely got to have a waste disposal plan!

Interesting videos. I've wanted to try gold refining for quite a while now. Gold refining has this weird effect that there's simultaneously a wealth of information yet also a lot of obscurity. Tons of different methods but seemingly little science explanation. It seems like every method has one key piece of information missing for others to be able to replicate it easily. I think that's a result of the 'gold rush' mentality, where you don't want to let people know where your mine is lest they come and steal your gold.
zed
International Hazard

Mood: Semi-repentant Sith Lord

[*] posted on 19-9-2015 at 14:21

Copper waste isn't OK with your local water quality people. Leastwise, not around here.

Some local folks, seem to have had scrap autos too close to either the Willamette or the Columbia River. Now, simple rainwater runoff, from some junked cars, doesn't seem like it should be a big deal, but it is. Just a tiny quantity of Copper in runoff water, arouses considerable wrath with the regulators.

Copper exposure it turns out, is no big deal for most mammals. We think nothing of it. But, it is Deadly to most other forms of life. Bacteria, Fungi, Insects, and Fish....are often mowed down by it, in very low concentrations.

Those with dust mite allergies, sometimes utilize copper impregnated fabrics in pillow cases, or gloves, to keep the little devils in check.

The decreased resistance to rot, in contemporary denim pants, may be due to changes in dyeing techniques. Historically, Copper was used to prep the fabric or thread for dyeing. The tiny residue left in the fabric seems to have imparted some rot resistance. Also, in socks, such residue seems to combat the fungi of Athletes Foot.

[Edited on 19-9-2015 by zed]

[Edited on 19-9-2015 by zed]

Go To Top