Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 3D Printed Biosphere Project AKA Project Hydrolife
SimpleChemist-238
Hazard to Others

Mood: Chlorine Trifloride Flame Thrower

[*] posted on 23-1-2015 at 22:23
3D Printed Biosphere Project AKA Project Hydrolife

This projected started this mourning well I has looking for a water pump at a pet super market. I did my usual. Looked at the fish played with the ferret and looked at the fish. I started thinking about a cool way to use my new 3D printer to make a interesting fish tank.

I started thinking about 2 litter bottles and how I could use them to make a neat aquarium. I got home at 5pm and started to a computer to design it.

The idea is to have a main junction where 5 bottles and be joined to gather to make a large modular aquarium. There is a cube that is hollow, on every side excluding the bottom there is a port for a 2 litter bottle. When the 5 2 litter bottle are added and the top bottle is cut so that it is in the form of a opening in the shape of a funnel water and small fish, snails and plats may be added.

In future versions bubblers can be added and places where plants roots can be inserted into the aquarium to feed the plants and clean the water. Here are the pics of the design,

Screen Shot 2015-01-24 at 1.22.06 AM.png - 44kBScreen Shot 2015-01-24 at 1.22.15 AM.png - 64kBScreen Shot 2015-01-24 at 1.21.57 AM.png - 52kB

We are chemists , we bring light to the darkness. Knowledge to ignorant, excitement to the depressed and unknowing. we bring crops to broken fields and water to the desert. Where there is fear we bring curiosity.

Etaoin Shrdlu
National Hazard

Mood: Insufferable

[*] posted on 24-1-2015 at 05:10

Make sure you have good water circulation for oxygen.
phlogiston
International Hazard

Mood: pyrophoric

[*] posted on 24-1-2015 at 06:58

That is going to be a pain to clean

-----
"If a rocket goes up, who cares where it comes down, that's not my concern said Wernher von Braun" - Tom Lehrer
SimpleChemist-238
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 24-1-2015 at 07:37

I considered the oxygen problem and I could put in a bubbler .

We are chemists , we bring light to the darkness. Knowledge to ignorant, excitement to the depressed and unknowing. we bring crops to broken fields and water to the desert. Where there is fear we bring curiosity.

SimpleChemist-238
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 24-1-2015 at 10:16

Here is a new design I am printing at the moment. This will be my second print because the old one had a slicing error.

[Edited on 24-1-2015 by SimpleChemist-238]

Screen Shot 2015-01-24 at 1.13.37 PM.png - 67kBScreen Shot 2015-01-24 at 1.13.49 PM.png - 40kB

Go To Top