Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Clamp and ringstand
copperastic
Hazard to Others

Mood: Good

[*] posted on 16-3-2014 at 08:39
Clamp and ringstand

Hi, on Homescience tools they sell a universal clamp ( link right here http://www.hometrainingtools.com/universal-clamp/p/CE-CLPUNI... ) and i am wondering if i need a thing to hold that clamp to a stand. Thanks

HgDinis25
Hazard to Others

Mood: Who drank my mercury?

[*] posted on 16-3-2014 at 08:45

No, the back of the universal clamp has already a screw to hold it to the stand.
thesmug
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-3-2014 at 08:45

Nope, you just connect it directly to the stand!
[EDIT] Dang it, everyone always posts right before I do!

[Edited on 3/16/14 by thesmug]
copperastic
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 16-3-2014 at 12:14

ok thanks. Lol thesmug you got posted before on the hydrochloric acid question too.

IrC
International Hazard

Mood: Discovering

[*] posted on 16-3-2014 at 18:17

Quote: Originally posted by copperastic  
Hi, on Homescience tools they sell a universal clamp ( link right here http://www.hometrainingtools.com/universal-clamp/p/CE-CLPUNI... ) and i am wondering if i need a thing to hold that clamp to a stand. Thanks

You need to work on your lack of searching before asking, as well as the demanding approach as seen in the title of your other thread. Not to mention the ability to think and reason, you really could not see this question you asked from looking at the pictures? Hopefully you will not take this as ragging on you, it is really for your own good if you wish to develop an identity here which is not irritating. I know I am not the only one seeing this. You actually got Ramiel to make a post on similar points in the other thread, and he has not spoken in three years. I see this as almost the act of a divine entity. He is one I wished posted far more often since I am kind of missing the old days. Anyway hopefully you will take this post in a positive light, seriously look at the two pics below; can you not see the clamp that connects to the stand built into the assembly?

CE-CLPUNIV.jpg - 8kB

Yet another item which clearly shows the built in stand clamp from the site you linked.

CE-RING4.jpg - 6kB

Just noticed your reply to Ramiel, very good. You will find this site a great wealth on information in your quest to learn. Besides you accomplished something no one else has in three years so I should be happy. Now if we can keep him talking the place will be more interesting.

[Edited on 3-17-2014 by IrC]

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" Richard Feynman
thesmug
Hazard to Others

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 16-3-2014 at 18:46

Quote: Originally posted by IrC  
You actually got Ramiel to make a post on similar points in the other thread, and he has not spoken in three years. I see this as almost the act of a divine entity.

I'm the one who reported that post, so you could say I'm a divine entity :P.
copperastic
Hazard to Others

[*] posted on 17-3-2014 at 03:57

Irc I'm sorry I just starting having an interest in chemistry so I don't know much. I will try to do more research before I post anything from now on.

IrC
International Hazard

Mood: Discovering

[*] posted on 17-3-2014 at 08:56

No reason to apologize nor refrain from posting. As I said I was not being hard on you just trying to give guidelines so people don't get too irritated. If you never ask you never learn. Keep reminding people your just starting out so you don't get many UTFSE replies, something that often goes on. Myself I just sound more or less harsh as I'm over the hill and somewhat jaded. I can't take all I know and have accumulated back to my 17 year old self for many more years of whacky mad science fun.

"Science is the belief in the ignorance of the experts" Richard Feynman

Go To Top