Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: 4-shared attacks
chemrox
International Hazard

Mood: LaGrangian

[*] posted on 5-4-2016 at 20:17
4-shared attacks

A kind member sent me a 4-shared link via u2u. I went there and got attacked with ransomeware. 4-shared get worse and worse. Please don't use them!

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
chemrox
International Hazard

[*] posted on 7-4-2016 at 17:02

I tried to edit this but it's frozen. I don't know why or how but I wanted to say:
A kind member sent me a 4-shared link via u2u. I went there and got attacked with ransomware. 4-shared get worse and worse. Please don't use them! I don't like 4-shared for several reasons; I dislike having to register because that's an avenue for tracking. I don't like the fact that either 4-shared or lurkers pop-up bothersome ads and ransomware .. Some members buy the service and expect everyone else to. So guys that sued to post pdfs start pasting in 4-shared links. It's a disservice to the community how ever well meaning.

"When you let the dumbasses vote you end up with populism followed by autocracy and getting back is a bitch." Plato (sort of)
Daffodile
Hazard to Others

Mood: Riding eternal

[*] posted on 7-4-2016 at 17:07

I'm sorry to hear it. How much did you have to pay?
chemrox
International Hazard

[*] posted on 9-4-2016 at 11:31

I don't know. It used to be $9/mo but that might not be correct. They have membership tiers..The main point is all levels would involve getting tracked. I find trackers offensive and scary. I just received this:
______________________________________________________________________________________!
"Adobe issued an emergency update to its Adobe Flash Player software today after researchers discovered a vulnerability that was being exploited to deliver ransomware (variants of Cerber ransomware). Flash has over one billion users, so odds are you are affected by this update.

This is exactly the type of zero-day attack Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium can protect you from. So, nice work! If you're currently running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Exploit Premium, your computer will be safe.

As a precaution, we suggest you update your Adobe Flash Player (Shockwave Flash Plugin). In addition, we also recommend you install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium if you haven't already. For top security, run both Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Premium and Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit Premium, as a layered approach is the best way to keep threats off your computer.

We'd hate to see your computer compromised. Here at Malwarebytes, we pledge to keep you protected and informed about the latest issues. Your peace of mind is our number one priority.

Sincerely,
The Malwarebytes Team"
__________________________________________________________________________________________!
Obviously they're also pushing premium membership and are tracking me. I don't mind so much as I opted to install Malwarebytes for security purposes. I don't plan on buying higher cost versions though as I have other malware finders. It does explain something I saw and reported to you on 4-shared.. I have an add-on that toggles flash and since 4-shared won't run without flash turned on I'm guessing the ransomware attacks came in through flash thanks to some lurkers on the 4-shared side.

Go To Top