Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Failing to detonate ?
underground
National Hazard

[*] posted on 15-10-2013 at 05:27

It looks like the caps from a straw does not work very well for me, and caps from paper work better.
I guess that this is because the paper absorbs the moisture from the primary explosive, but the straw can not do that...

[Edited on 15-10-2013 by underground]
snooby
Hazard to Self

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-10-2013 at 06:50

The fact that the paper tube works well and the straw does not can indeed confirm that the AP was moist. AP does not dry very well when it is in a straw! Just let the AP dry, in quantities like 1 gram!!!. Like mentioned earlier. 100 mg of AP is plenty to set of ETN :). Just make a few 'minidets' with AP.

Do this as following: fill a straw with some (dry..) primary (in this case AP) and place a fuse. Then take the other part of your detonator (in this case like 500 mg of ETN) and put it into the real detonator (paper tube). Finally, put your minidetonator upon to the det and inset the det into the main charge.
doktor x
Harmless

Mood: No Mood

[*] posted on 15-10-2013 at 07:45

i have sucsesful try to detonate anfo with boster from amonium nitrate ,acetone peroxide ,PUPROM OXIDE,and firecracer flashpouder
underground
National Hazard

[*] posted on 15-10-2013 at 07:55

I have also some HMTD, i will try some straw detonators with it to see how it is going to work.
I have done already the following, i have already prepare a 400gr of AN/AL and i have add some copper oxide as a catalyst (hopefully will do the detonation easier, it also turns the mixture into a light blue color) but it really has do a hight density because i cast it at it his liquid form into a plastic container into some cold water, and i have inside a hole for the detonator, i hope that it will work, i am planning to detonate it with some TATP as a primary and some TATP/NC mixture as a booster (i thing a 60/40 comp of TATP/NC)
woelen
Super Administrator

Mood: interested

[*] posted on 4-11-2013 at 11:27

Quote: Originally posted by doktor x  
i have sucsesful try to detonate anfo with boster from amonium nitrate ,acetone peroxide ,PUPROM OXIDE,and firecracer flashpouder
We are getting closer to Dec. 31 again. Prime time for k3wls and ret4rDz.

PUPRUM OXIDE????
flash pouder??? from fire crackers???

Not capable of writing a normal sentence???

This is a warning. Change your posting habits, otherwise I need to suspend your account for some time.

The art of wondering makes life worth living...
Want to wonder? Look at https://woelen.homescience.net
Praxichys
International Hazard

Mood: Coprecipitated

[*] posted on 4-11-2013 at 12:17
My Soapbox is getting Tired of Holding Me Up

When I read this, all I can think of is a cherry-red plastic straw held delicately between a pair of big, juicy, fleshy fingers. There is a beautiful glint of light shining from the snow-white crystals dampened with acetone, its fruity odor hanging in the air with the unmistakably spicy component of the acetone peroxide, allegoric to the wonderful amount of potential energy locked loosely into millions of awe-inspiring structures! And then, the soft crunchy noise of pressing the crystals with the head of a match by a bespectacled young man with a wonderful albeit misguided passion for science, whistling a merry tune in anticipation of the completion of his remarkable device! Oh, the wonder and glory of science!

And the shock one must recieve upon being blinded by bone fragments from one's own thumb.

♫ All I want for Christmas is the ability to use my hand again ♫

Fantasma4500
International Hazard

Mood: dangerously practical

[*] posted on 8-11-2013 at 08:22

i feel its worth mentioning that 82 18 AN Al would theoretically be more powerful as its near perfect OB, also it should be more sensitive to initiation

but damn, above post is just worth saving.. happy christmas all you play-hard k3wl's
good job Praxichys

~25 drops = 1mL @dH2O viscocity - STP
Truth is ever growing - but without context theres barely any such.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solubility_table
http://www.trimen.pl/witek/calculators/stezenia.html
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top