Sciencemadness Discussion Board
Not logged in [Login ]
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: hydrogen oxide is oxident ???
wg48temp9
National Hazard

[*] posted on 10-7-2024 at 15:23
hydrogen oxide is oxident ???

One of my parcel delivery companies thinks hydrogen oxide (presumable water) is an oxidant or a peroxide so they will not deliver it. ??? Did all the people that must have read this at the company not think this was crazy?

Screenshot H2O.jpg - 115kB

I guess its only a matter of time before someone proposes baqnning dihydrogen oxide.

I am wg48 but not on my usual pc hence the temp handle.
Thank goodness for Fleming and the fungi.
Old codger' lives matters, wear a mask and help save them.
Be aware of demagoguery, keep your frontal lobes fully engaged.
I don't know who invented mRNA vaccines but they should get a fancy medal and I hope they made a shed load of money from it.
BromicAcid
International Hazard

Mood: Rock n' Roll

[*] posted on 10-7-2024 at 15:28

You can likely assume they mean hydrogen peroxide, I'm more amused that "unknown chemical components" are defaulted as oxidizers. Then again to the non-chemist hydrogen oxide might mean hydrogen peroxide since you might assume one hydrogen to one oxygen, unlike dihydrogen monoxide which is the humorous way to say water. That being said hydrogen oxide would refer to the usual oxidation state of water so it should be H2O but who knows. When you let a non-chemist at one of these things odd things happen, or perhaps it was written in a different language and lost in translation.

I used to work for a hazardous waste company and someone at my company said they were disposing of methyl cyanide on the MSDS. The disposal company rejected the shipment and the truck was about to turn around when I pointed out to them that methyl cyanide is just acetonitrile.

Shamelessly plugging my attempts at writing fiction: http://www.robvincent.org

Go To Top