Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
Author: Subject: Changes to EUD requirements in Australia
B(a)P
International Hazard

Mood: Festive

[*] posted on 21-6-2024 at 14:02
Changes to EUD requirements in Australia

In preparation for an elephants toothpaste demonstration that I will be doing at my children's school next week (among others), I last night went to check on my potassium iodide stocks to make sure I had enough. Finding I was a little low and ever looking for an excuse to increase my chemicals on hand, I jumped online to make a purchase.
To my surprise I found that both potassium and sodium iodide now need an End User Declaration. While the EUD is no big deal for me, as I fill them out all of the time for both work and hobby purposes, it does have unfortunate ramification. You can no longer get iodides on ebay or amazon and the price has more than doubled from what I can see.
I did some searching and couldn't find any new regs, guidelines or requirements that would cause this change. Are precursors to precursors now watched in Aus? I will ask the companies that we do most of our purchasing through when I next speak to them, to find out what is driving this new requirement.
When I say 'new' requirement, I haven't purchased an iodide salt for many years so this might not be something that has occurred recently. Curious if anyone else is aware of what is behind the increase in the number of chemicals requiring and EUD?
charley1957
Hazard to Others

Mood: Extracted

[*] posted on 22-6-2024 at 05:27

When iodine became a lot harder to get, potassium iodide became a LOT more expensive than it used to be. So I guess precursors to precursors are affected by the regulations too.

You can’t claim you drank all day if you didn’t start early in the morning.

Go To Top