Sciencemadness Discussion Board

modification of the hydroboration oxidation

CuReUS - 13-10-2014 at 08:17

recently i came across the hydroboration-oxidation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydroboration%E2%80%93oxidation...
now ,in the wiki page they show that in the second step they are adding hydrogen peroxide in presence of OH- to make a primary alcohol

now i have seen a similar reaction in which OH- is replaced by OCH3- to get the corresponding methoxy compound

seeing this i had a scary thought
what would form if say, 2 butene is subjected to HBO in the presence of NH3 or organic amines

[Edited on 13-10-2014 by CuReUS]

CuReUS - 15-10-2014 at 08:23

i am very sorry ,the above post was completely wrong
the process i was talking about is the oxymercuration-demercuration
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxymercuration_reaction

in that if water is replaced by methanol ,methoxy instead of hydroxy forms
so if water is replaced by amines ,then would could be the products

[Edited on 15-10-2014 by CuReUS]

aga - 15-10-2014 at 12:07

Amines amines give me your answer do
i'm all crazy over the love of you
i can't afford to buy it
so making it will do
Amine amine gimme your answer do

Can somebody just do a chapter and verse 'MDMA & Methylamine for Dummies' website so we can have an End to all the Oblique (if that) questions relating to it's production.

It'd help if it covered every possible route, including potatoes, hampster food or old denim.
(i Made That last bit Up - don't ask how it is done)

CuReUS - 16-10-2014 at 09:25

first of all ,i am not a dummy ,as dummies only replicate other peoples work(such as university and research chemists) instead of sitting back and thinking about the chemistry involved(maybe they so in jail,i dont know)

there is(or should i say there was) in fact a site for just that ,
its called the hive:P

and that you immediately jumped to the conclusion that i was cranking out "crank" reflects your narrow mindedness and foolishness

everyone except dummies know that there are much better "substances" out
there that have the same potency of "ice" without the inherent neurotoxicity(btw ,the people who make "molly" are idiots in the first place,so i dont think that would make a difference),.so the fact that you think of crank strongly suggests your intellectual capacity

come on man ,indole and oxalyl chloride are not watched, and a trip to the countryside does no one no harm

if you had read the wiki page (instead of coming up with pathetic poetry).you would have seen that the reaction is stereospecific ,meaning you dont need to deal with racemic mixtures that your "dummies" deal with in conventional routes

also if you had read the wiki page ,you would have seen that the amination could be done if the corresponding chloramine was used
so you could have humiliated me regarding that instead of making up your mind that you were talking to a methhead

P.S i dont know about MDMA, but i think you could make "acid" from denim ,if you "made out" in a rye field;)

P.S - to everyone else
i dont make meth or any other illicit substances, as i spend my time doing better things (such as researching on new medicines on treating diseases like AD,PD and cancer,studying carbohydrate,protein and alkaloid chemistry,basically biochemistry,and also going through clinical studies)
i only mentioned indole and OxCl2 to prove our dumb and old friend(i think you spend your day with your hamster friends in front of a T.V watching news and reading newspapers from the 60's ,70's etc.) how dumb he is. i strongly suggest you to read about new "psychoactive " compounds before you get kicked out of a restaurant,plane or your nieghbourhood and if you dont want you or your friends to get laughed at

i think the journal of medicinal chemistry and JAMA would be a good place to start:D

[Edited on 16-10-2014 by CuReUS]

aga - 16-10-2014 at 09:40

Quote: Originally posted by CuReUS  
seeing this i had a scary thought
what would form if say, 2 butene is subjected to HBO in the presence of NH3 or organic amines

What is the Target compound, what are the reactants, and what Method are you going to use, having had this 'scary thought' after reading something on the internet ?

If you truly do any serious research into medicinal biochemistry, what are the possible Medicinal applications of the Target compound you have in mind, and how do you propose to test the efficacy ?

Perhaps stating the Scientific facts will get you the help you require, rather than just the attention of the Forum Drunkard.

CuReUS - 16-10-2014 at 10:03

yes ,i think it is not your fault for thinking that i was a crank chemist
they have given everyone else a bad name

actually the target compound i had in mind was amantadine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amantadine

recently i had an idea about synthesizing it using only unsaturated rings (such as tropoline and propene or cyclohexadiene by free radicle reactions(or F.R.I.E.N.D.S ,as i like to call it)

the problem was the addition of the amino group into the ring before the bridge formation(the available routes do that using adamantane) and the steriospecificity was being hampered(its no good getting a 50% yield,also when you are dealing with stereoisomers in medicinal chemistry ,the wrong isomer could end up killing someone) read about thalidomide http://www.thalidomide.ca/the-canadian-tragedy/

the reason i did not give the target compound before hand was to avoid people just glancing at it and moving on or thinking that since the molecule was so different the reaction would not work,or getting bored or scared thinking it was above them)
the reason i wrote "scared" was that i also realised that it could potentially be used for nefarious schemes and wanted to convey the readers that i wasn't one of them (but if it worked ,i think it would already have been tried and tested by these underground chemists)

Chemosynthesis - 16-10-2014 at 10:04

Aminomercuration-demercuration reactions, as with oxymercuration-demercuration reactions actually are not necessarily stereo selective; that depends on the substrates. However, they are regioselective (anti addition). There is a distinction.
You may have 50/50 enantiomers rather than either a preponderance of a specific stereo isomer, or 4 stereoisomers. Try writing out an asymmetrical alkene and then attack from one direction, then then the other, putting your nucleophile anti to your protonation. Now ascribe R,S Cahn-Ingold Prelog nomenclature.