Sciencemadness Discussion Board

What type of analytical test would you like access to .....

solo - 23-4-2005 at 07:50

In our hobby there is always a need for testing of our intermediates and finished products to verify purity or if in fact we were succesful. Mass spectroscopy, GC, LC are some of the most fruitful tests available. There is a growing interest in having this service provided but there is a need to find out from the members what test they would like to see available.

It would work in anonimity, one sends the sample with a six digit number and pays through pay-pal and the results with the jpeg of the print out of the GC, LC, MS will be available as part of the result for the numbered coded sample on a designated lab page on the web.

One must include what the sample is, and no name required only that you handle the shipping charges and the fee. I haven't herd from them of the fee of the test's mentioned, and will inform the members once I get them, ......but I need some feed back as to what test if any you would want access to .......solo

BromicAcid - 23-4-2005 at 15:33

Although I consider carbon and proton NMR very useful, neither of these are my prefered method of analysis. Should the sample be volitle enough I really like GC/MS but my favorite normal method of analysis is just an IR spectra. It just gives such a nice overview of what you have in your sample, a solid IR with a liquid well attachemnt is a very good thing to have around. Interested in hearing the prices you find out by the way, my old work sent out samples of drinking water to be analyzed. The recept claimed CE analysis and the price was $200 per sample for analysis (15 total).