Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Separating NH4Cl from sugar?

testimento - 30-8-2013 at 15:56

I have a mixture of ammonium chloride (about 25%) in sugar which I need in pure form. I have seen that NH4Cl is quite insoluble to ethanol, but haven't found decent sources to dictate the sugar solubility. So what'd be the easiest way to separate decently pure ammonium chloride from sugar?

___

And bfesser, fuck off. This is a forum where people talk, not an archive and you're not an archivist. The whole forum hates you already, and I have seen several forums fall down due to authoritarian moderation regime which literally cracks down users because they miss that single dot from somewhere. I'd like to see this forum running since there is quite a lot of knowledge, not thanks to grammar nazis.

hyfalcon - 30-8-2013 at 16:08

Sugar is slightly soluble in alcohol. You should be able to separate them with it.

bfesser - 30-8-2013 at 16:11

Talking is one thing, your laziness and lack of effort is quite another. If you want to start a new topic that doesn't get sent to Detritus, I suggest that you try adding some citations, or show effort that you've tried to find the information on your own.