Sciencemadness Discussion Board

PMC Hotplate/Stirrer combo, used, for sale

Mailinmypocket - 7-4-2012 at 17:52

I have recently upgraded my hotplate/stirrer and am looking to maybe sell the one I have been using. It is a PMC 502-C (pics below), has a ceramic top with a bit of chemical staining that I cannot remove but the surface itself is not corroded etc.

Ive been using it for about 7 years on and off and it has served me really well, stirrer has excellent control and runs quiet. If you run it on the highest stirring speed (which I find I rarely need to do) there is a bit of vibration but not even strong enough to make the unit move around etc. It has a bit of wear and tear on the outside as far as stains go on the ceramic top but it is still perfectly useable.

The unit itself is a bit heavy(cast aluminum body) so I would have to check shipping costs if anyone is interested.

Anyhow, just throwing it out here before I put it up on eBay later on if there is no interest because I'd rather offer it to Sciencemadness members first ;)

Asking price is 200$ CAD, or best offer, plus shipping. Let me know if interested via P2P and we can discuss, and I will weigh the unit and let you know the shipping costs.

Unfortunately I dont have any mag bars to supply with it as I only have two for myself :(

PMC1.JPG - 100kBPMC2.JPG - 97kBPMC3.JPG - 99kBPMC4.JPG - 91kB