Sciencemadness Discussion Board

Looking to give away some HG

HG_Idiot - 20-2-2019 at 19:04

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the place to go but I found you guys while looking for Galliumsource. Back in Feb 2016 I had purchased some mercury from them for the simple fact of: because I could. I've had some life changes and it's no longer cool or edgy to own it. I had intended to attempt to donate it to the nearest college chemistry department but was dissuaded buy the promise of red tape and hoop jumping.

I have already located my local hazardous waste management department. I would hate to see it go to waste though. I have no idea what the purity is. I've attached a photo. I still have the box and packaging it was sent in. I never opened it and it has been kept on a shelf in my closet for 90% of its time with me. The shipping weight was 2lbs. I have sinced weighed it at 1lb even.

I could not find forum rules so excuse me if this isn't okay. I'm not looking to sell, just want it gone and preferably to someone who will use it. I am located in Oklahoma and can give further details if needed. I would prefer to meet someone local as I am unsure how the heck I would mail it.

idiotHG.jpg - 2.6MB

[Edited on 21-2-2019 by HG_Idiot]

j_sum1 - 20-2-2019 at 19:49

Thanks for this. I am sure you will get some takers.

Loptr - 20-2-2019 at 20:05

I sent you a PM. I can also help with shipping

carrant - 21-2-2019 at 08:50

If you are in South/Southeastern OK I can probably meet you..

I sent you a PM..

morganbw - 21-2-2019 at 18:01

This is like giving a stranger a 100 dollar bill.
Has me a little twisted in my thought process.
It is all good, just my thoughts doing what they do.

Ubya - 22-2-2019 at 01:19

why in the US you always have cool stuff:mad:
customs or post office eould probably check the package at the international border...
good luck for who gets it

Herr Haber - 22-2-2019 at 04:02

Dont tell me you have problems finding mercury in Italy :)
You can get cinnabar from Spain or if you look a little you'll have no problem finding people eager to get rid of what their parents or grandparents left in the attic.
Sometimes 35 Kg at a time !