Sciencemadness Discussion Board

LL8 from Dr. Liptakov

Pages:  1  2    4

pjig - 29-4-2024 at 21:25

Thank you for such detailed information and pictures. I agree on the pursuit of the most powerful det cap is a waste of time. Its sol purpose is to initiate the secondary. Just add a booster if you want a stronger initiation. It’s hard to follow up with a response to the fine work you’ve done.

Laboratory of Liptakov - 30-4-2024 at 03:01

Thanks. Basic detonator must penetrate 2 mm construction steel at 300mg ETN and 3 mm plate at 500mg ETN. Thats enough good for next
steps as is booster or using of else secondary EM. Nothing big science....:cool:

dangerous amateur - 22-6-2024 at 09:55

Concerning Lithex:

Having a large bottle HCLO4 sitting around this is intriguing...

If I may ask, is there already some experience on how small the DDT part can be?
Most system Bertha style detonators seem really big and preservation of raw materials is a thing to be considered.
I prefer 5 or 6mm inner diameter...

Has anybody tried to light such a cap with and ordinary fuse like bickford?
(My problem with CHP was it's inherent wetness. it often failed to light)

I like to ignite stuff the classic way wit fuses. This is often less reliable as with the typical very robust/powerful electrical setups Dr Liptakov prefers...

PS:
If I neutralise HCLO4 with lithium carbonate, is it sufficient to recrystalise the Perchlorate in water to get rid of acid trapped inside the crystals, or what is your preferred procedure?

Laboratory of Liptakov - 22-6-2024 at 10:57

HClO4 was neutralized by LiOH to neutral solution and evaporate H2O to dry neutral crystalls LiClO4 x 3 H2O.
Carbonate was not tested.
CHP works as dry crystals in diameter 6/8 mm repeatedly from Bickford fuse.
Critical weight of CHP or Lithex was not tested. 300 mg is base for reliable DDT.

dangerous amateur - 23-6-2024 at 07:20

Thank you. Well 300mg would be fine. I'm just thinking how long supplies typically last.

Do you somehow measure the temperature of your steel pan?
IR Termometers don't like shiny steel. On the other hand, just by gut-feeling it's easy to gravely misjudge the temperature.

Laboratory of Liptakov - 23-6-2024 at 09:54

You mean for preparation anhydrous Lithex. Was used classic glass thermometer and his Hg end wrapped in aluminium foil half ball loaded with a suitable piece of lead on hot stainless surface....:cool:
(If the lead starts to melt while drying the Lithex, you quickly run away form lab)

dangerous amateur - 24-6-2024 at 06:33

Haha sure.
I'll see what happens, I just got some old steelpots from a fleamarket.

Thank you for the whole tread, since theres no thank-button :)

I think this tread should be chopped into Lithex and Brightelite ect, it's a bitch to read.

One more thought:
A finished cap containing Lithex will draw water and become dead over time.
Has anyone an idea how hygroscopic this stuff really is?

I mean, imagine the caps will be stored together with CaCl2. Can this be ultimatey contra productive, in the sense that the CaCl2 is dried by the Lithex/Li-Perchlorate?

[Edited on 24-6-2024 by dangerous amateur]

Laboratory of Liptakov - 24-6-2024 at 21:49

Exact values hygroscopicity of Lithex are unknown. But attempts show similar behavior a like NH4NO3. Complette detonator can be storage in closure jar with CaCl2. For example one week. This method of stability was not tested...:cool:
(By views / since , this thread is one of the most viewed ever)

Pages:  1  2    4